john94

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a 57 rimless with 2 ai sole blue with mostly sps. My chalice and acans arent doing well in this tank. Im setting up a 28 nano cube, im getting rid of the hqi hood (too hot), im thinking of getting a kessil 150 15k, will this be enought for chalice and acans?im told my 57 water is too clean, what would be good for the 28?

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
honestly the less intense light the better for most chalice and acans. they really just like to be fed, moderate flow, and good water quality. i was recently having a problem with them under leds and moved them into areas of very little light and they are healing now and eating. so possibly a cheapy little led light with more blue show off their colors would probably be a good idea.

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
if you do a kessil 150 make sure to hang it high for the acans and chalices both of these corals like bluer, less intense lights for the best coloration. I think a kessil would be great for it but I think most people just don't acclimate them good enough or hang the fixture high enough

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: