Jean estevez

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im also curious about this i have tried to buy it and never do i need to check my par and use it as a ph monitor

Amado

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Yes I have one. I got it used. I moved and I needed to check my par. As a instrument to measure par it work really well. I have compared it with different par meter and the numbers are really close. I set up a qt tank for my fish and it was great to get my ph/water level/ temp monitor. Since the tank was a new tank it was also very good when I setup my main system. I was able to monitor ammonia while my new tank cycle. At this time I paid for the $29 for the slides. It also allowed me to leave my apex in the box until I had more time to set it up.
I trust the ph from seneye more than apex.
I have found it to be more accurate.
I am using now on a 20g Red Sea tank I have setup with some high end anemones.
I get alerts if the temp/ph/ water level drops or rises. Not bad for something I got for $100 used lol

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Hello
Yes I have one. I got it used. I moved and I needed to check my par. As a instrument to measure par it work really well. I have compared it with different par meter and the numbers are really close. I set up a qt tank for my fish and it was great to get my ph/water level/ temp monitor. Since the tank was a new tank it was also very good when I setup my main system. I was able to monitor ammonia while my new tank cycle. At this time I paid for the $29 for the slides. It also allowed me to leave my apex in the box until I had more time to set it up.
I trust the ph from seneye more than apex.
I have found it to be more accurate.
I am using now on a 20g Red Sea tank I have setup with some high end anemones.
I get alerts if the temp/ph/ water level drops or rises. Not bad for something I got for $100 used lol
Thanks for this info! Did you hook it up to q laptop or you used a small computer?

Amado

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this info! Did you hook it up to q laptop or you used a small computer?
You need to use a pc computer to set it up.
I have it connected to this mini usb pc that connect to the back of a tv I have in the fishroom. If you have an old laptop or old pc you can just connect and use a long usb cable.

PC Stick Mini Computer Stick with Intel Atom Z8350 & Windows 10 Pro 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Support 4K HD,Dual Band WiFi 2.4G/5G, Bluetooh 4.2,Support Auto-On After Power Failure AIOEXPC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G1CCWN5/?tag=reefs04-20

Attachments

• D696CC4E-9AB3-43AF-AFBF-A383082B2DE5.png
    D696CC4E-9AB3-43AF-AFBF-A383082B2DE5.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 0

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
You need to use a pc computer to set it up.
I have it connected to this mini usb pc that connect to the back of a tv I have in the fishroom. If you have an old laptop or old pc you can just connect and use a long usb cable.

PC Stick Mini Computer Stick with Intel Atom Z8350 & Windows 10 Pro 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Support 4K HD,Dual Band WiFi 2.4G/5G, Bluetooh 4.2,Support Auto-On After Power Failure AIOEXPC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G1CCWN5/?tag=reefs04-20
Great. I see reviews saying that you have to pay a subscription to use the par meter feature. Or they blocked it so you can't use stick computers and have to use theirs. None of that is true?

oseymour

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I use mine as the par meter and when you keep it level it’s very close to my mq510.

I wouldnt use it as a ph monitor as I don’t want to buy slides for $10 every 30 days.

I buy slides when I’m quarantining to monitor ammonia or setting up a new tank.

I also put the Seneye in my sump when I go on vacation to let me know if my sump level has dropped since it can send alerts when it’s out of water

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: