vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Mad Reefer Scientist

Thank You,

You know me, take many years to "calibrate " my eyes , i wont use those water test as first option , i go by read the color of the corals , how happy they are, water flow tell you, some, brown, green color tell some, location up or down, etc. In my personal opinion , we have 2 major issue to control.

# 1. .......Detritus.
The faster and safe you exported , the better is ( PO4, NO3 issue)

#2. Stability.
Constant Alk. also Nitrate.
If some how control the NO3 (constant) Denitrification Sulfur Reactors , works great for me, If some how NO3 is constant to 4 ppm ( in my case) PO4 stay 0.02 to 0.06).

I believe in BIO, healthy water ........show you ...... healthy coral,,,,,,crazy color.

I am so happy , i do NOT use GFO anymore ( list for now).

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
here is my version of nitrate buster, this is the second unit that I have built to support my new tank, it is all about oxygen free zone where bacteria used this surface area to consume nitrates and turn it in nitrogen gas, more porous media more bacteria..

Attachments

• Nitrate Reactor.jpg
    Nitrate Reactor.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 295

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
here is my version of nitrate buster, this is the second unit that I have built to support my new tank, it is all about oxygen free zone where bacteria used this surface area to consume nitrates and turn it in nitrogen gas, more porous media more bacteria..
Ravi, is nice Reactor , now try to compere my reactor, then you will fully understand the difference.
Take me long time to make this reactor to work well.
I use to run 4 reactors on 450 Gal. system, present run only 2 , i got rid of all my big fish ( 12") Hipo, 8" Tang, 6" copper tang, etc.
One huge help was :
# 1.
I use MJ 1200 pump to feed the reactors ( was 4 , present 2)
Before feed the reactor ( water IN) i make one water distributor , pump from Swamp push in one empty reactor , then control the water OUT of this distributor by using one vale , i try to control the pressure in this constant , the reason i go this way is:
Try to feed via Aqua-lift , bad idea , those clog, break down constant.
Make sure NOT to contaminate the Sulfur Reactor whit detritus , introduce detritus in Sulfur Reactor will reduce the population of Bacteria , eventually ruin ALL production of Bacteria.
# 2
Run the feeding pump direct to S.R will clog the water regulator valve , the "Sweet adjustment " of the effluent just like Calcium Reactor ( 90-mil. to 120 mil per min.) depend of your demand .
Anther advantaje
Any updates on this. How you are running it now?
Ravi, is nice Reactor , now try to compere my reactor, then you will fully understand the difference.
Take me long time to make this reactor to work well.
I use to run 4 reactors on 450 Gal. system, present run only 2 , i got rid of all my big fish ( 12") Hipo, 8" Tang, 6" copper tang, etc.
One huge help was :
# 1.
I use MJ 1200 pump to feed the reactors ( was 4 , present 2)
Before feed the reactor ( water IN) i make one water distributor , pump from Swamp push in one empty reactor , then control the water OUT of this distributor by using one vale , i try to control the pressure in this constant , the reason i go this way is:
Try to feed via Aqua-lift , bad idea , those clog, break down constant.
Make sure NOT to contaminate the Sulfur Reactor whit detritus , introduce detritus in Sulfur Reactor will reduce the population of Bacteria , eventually ruin ALL production of Bacteria.
# 2
Run the feeding pump direct to S.R will clog the water regulator valve , the "Sweet adjustment " of the effluent just like Calcium Reactor ( 90-mil. to 120 mil per min.) depend of your demand .
Anther advantaje

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: