Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just added a new small 0.5 inch Maxima Clam to me system. My aquarium dimensions are 36x36x36 and My Kessil a360we sits dead center about 5 inches of the water surface. I like the color to run at 100% to get that daytime 14K look but what intensity does everyone recommend? I don't want to shock the poor thing running it too high?

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I think you should post on Reef2Reef site. They have a forum on clams. I had 4 350w on 2 1/2 in Maxi and didn't make it. It starved so I don't know about your's being so small. I didn't have them all the way up. But the lighting is the most important. My experience watch around the 6 week that's when I notice he lost he's footing. Started not looking to good. Only advice check out that site. Very good information and a lot people will help you there. Good luck...

Buck0land

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I have a 3" Maxima clam in my 75 gallon which has 4 kessil a360we over it running at 90% with a 50/50 mix and have a par level on the sand bed of 350. As for acclimating new stuff I place it on the sand bed and move it up slowly and do not touch the ligths.

I have a dissclamer: Most of the stuff I buy is coming from a vender that use Metal-halide lamps. I have cooked stuff that has came from tank with other LED systems over them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: