Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Welcome to MR! Hope your stay here is a pleasant one.

What a happy clownfish family. The largest group size of my collection ~11 in a 150 years back. 7 or 9 in one group and 3 loners wait for their chance to court the big lady.

The second video a great informational clip for people who want to know how well more than 2 clowns will live together.

MarvinsReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great videos i saw the video on the other forum you posted up =) how long have you had these clowns for? have they laid eggs by any chance? =D Oh btw check out the "CLOWNFISH GONE WILD THREAD" =D

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/photography/126501-clownfish-gone-wild.html
clowns I've had since last December and they were about 3-4 months when I picked them up from the breeder. the Big Premium ORA is about 3 years old and keeps all the juvis in check. ;)

Welcome to MR! Hope your stay here is a pleasant one.

What a happy clownfish family. The largest group size of my collection ~11 in a 150 years back. 7 or 9 in one group and 3 loners wait for their chance to court the big lady.

The second video a great informational clip for people who want to know how well more than 2 clowns will live together.
not really new here but haven't checked in, in a while. :)

I have 17 Picasso's and 1 Platinum in the 110g. I say about 10-12 are allowed in the BTA's whenever and the rest scatter around the tank during daylight. at night, they all snuggle together in the BTA's. it's really interesting to follow the hierarchy develop during the past few months and still changes every so often but there's the top 2 candidates that will probably pair up with the 3 years old ORA. we'll see...

I converted the tank last November. I got tired of the "normal" reef so I decided to try something different. besides a few hickups, tank has been very enjoyable not just for me, but also for my family.. esp for my two boys. :)

MarvinsReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people were wondering if the clowns are aggressive towards each other because one of the vids I uploaded showed some of the clowns chasing each other. When the clowns get scared (ie, when somebody walks by the tank too fast or the other fishes swims erratically) they dive into the BTA's for safety; the more dominant clowns chases the less dominant ones away from the BTA's, obviously because that's their territory, but doesn't hurt them. Each of the clowns have their spots in the tank and they are all able to feed with no problem. The left side of the tank is not shown as it's under construction atm. Should be done by the end of the week.

1080p available

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpT3eIbC5VY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8J65VukQw

MarvinsReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All those clowns in your tank look amazing! Are those tyree toadstools? Does any of the clowns host them?

Thank you. :)

Yes, Tyree toadstools. Some have pondered of hosting but none of them have hosted permanently. I'll be re scaping tonight so hopefully, I can come up with something decent. LoL

jcdeng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Your tank is very nice, what wavemaker are you running, I like how everything is moving back and forth in a slow motion kinda way, not like most very the current is too strong and changes direction too fast.

Just curious, in what fashion did you add all those clowns, one at a time or put them all in the tank at the same time?

MarvinsReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is very nice, what wavemaker are you running, I like how everything is moving back and forth in a slow motion kinda way, not like most very the current is too strong and changes direction too fast.

Just curious, in what fashion did you add all those clowns, one at a time or put them all in the tank at the same time?

Vortech MP40 on reef crest mode.. All the clowns were added together besides two I added later (after 4 months -- (2) juvis) for experiment. The two new ones have found their place in the hierarchy.

MarvinsReef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you added them all at the same time, did that give you any problems with the sudden change in bioload?
not that I noticed. I just did a lot of water changes the first 2-3 weeks, just to make sure I didn't run into any issues. also, the tank has been up a few years before the switch in themes. :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: