AnthonyAce

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I just read on reef central that members tanks are getting wiped out after doing a maintenance water change using Reef Crystals. Apparently, they have these numbers on their 160 gal buckets.

RC1-160P 04/09 REV.A
INO1706-905

Was wondering if anyone else had an issue, if so what were their batch numbers?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had problems many years ago with RC, in a bag I bought at Petland. I contacted the manufacturer, who said that the bag must have been very old. They sent me a free 25 gal bag (the original had been a 10 gal bag), and I had no problems with it. ( I no longer buy salt at petland....) I'm currently using RC now, but it takes me about 2 years to go through a 200 gal box.

mqur1963

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
lucky you guys i go thru 200 gal rc salt every 2 month i do every 2 week 45 to 50 gal water change i have 2 tank connected 240 gal and 90 gal

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I switched from Reef Crystals to H2Ocean about a year ago, I didnt really have a problem with reef crystals but I did notice major improvement after I switched to H2Ocean. I recommend it to everyone, you will not be disappointed at all. Top of the line salt

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Not a problem here either. But how do you know its exactly the salt? Maybe it could of been some thing else that person could of dropped in hes tank or will doing a water change and didn't notice. Till after he did a water change then just decided to blame the salt.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Reefs

AnthonyAce

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Not a problem here either. But how do you know its exactly the salt? Maybe it could of been some thing else that person could of dropped in hes tank or will doing a water change and didn't notice. Till after he did a water change then just decided to blame the salt.

I dont know, I am passing it along to warn MR members; but in reading the post it seems that several other RC members had issues with the same batch numbers I posted above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: