darkblack

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Guys,

I have two tanks (elos120xl and red sea reefer450) i want to plumb them together. They each have their own sump, skimmer and reactors. i want to add a third sump where is my rodi at. Thinking i can do top off, dosing and water change in one place and have the same parameters in both tank. If i use 2 sets of pump from each tank with same gph, example from red sea's sump to third sump using one 500gph pump to pump to water to third sump. Another 500gph pump to pump it back from third sump to Red sea's sump. would it work? My concern is what if they got clog. i can put controllers, they can stop the pumps if water level gets to high in any off those sumps but i wanna check with you guys what is your opinion about it. Is there a easy way.

Thanks for all your help.

darkblack

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i thought about one sump option. My concern is Sump will be so far away from the tanks so it won't be enough turn over for skimmer and reactors. Is there any way I can make 3 sump system work?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: