aclman88

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Here is a member looking for aipstasia for their nudibranch cultures. Maybe they could spare or sell some?

yousolo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0

Here is a member looking for aipstasia for their nudibranch cultures. Maybe they could spare or sell some?
I am currently growing Nudi. U want to trade some of your aptisia rock with couple of 1/4" Nudi?

Pm me photo of the rock u willing to trade.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Peppermint shrimp can pick at lps corals. I’ve had it happen. Nudis work wonders and will eradicate aptasia. Once there’s no more aptasia they will die off. The other chemical treatments will kill the ones u see but they will come back and it’s time consuming especially if u have a bad outbreak. Go with the nudis.

Water Dog

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve heard that peppermints can be hit or miss depending on what species you get. I have an all SPS tank, no LPS or softies, so no concerns over them munching on coral. I had the beginnings of an aiptasia infestation starting, about 12 or so that I could see. On a recommendation from someone on another forum, I ordered half a dozen large peppermints from ReefTopia.com in the Florida Keys. Two weeks later and there aren’t any aiptasia that I can see in my tank. Needless to say, I am very happy with the results! :)

yousolo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
I’ve heard that peppermints can be hit or miss depending on what species you get. I have an all SPS tank, no LPS or softies, so no concerns over them munching on coral. I had the beginnings of an aiptasia infestation starting, about 12 or so that I could see. On a recommendation from someone on another forum, I ordered half a dozen large peppermints from ReefTopia.com in the Florida Keys. Two weeks later and there aren’t any aiptasia that I can see in my tank. Needless to say, I am very happy with the results! :)
Yeah only if you don't have LPS, then it might work. I am trying to net my peppermint shrimp as it had killed couple of my acan.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
I tried every method here..and what worked for me was having a bunch of peppermint shrimp.i have a mixed reef. (Mostly sps)and to start I'm not a fan of peppermint shrimp as they are known to pick at corals.once the aiptasia is gone then you get rid of the peppermint shrimp so that way you dont have to worry about them picking at corals after.trust me after your aiptasia problem is gone I'm sure there will be someone on here with an aiptasia problem that would be more than happy to buy them from you.i traded 10 of the known aiptasia eating shrimp for corals on here.once the shimp eat it on a regular that's all they want to eat. Natural way is always best

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I did just get 2nd copperband butterfly that has effectively gotten rid of all the aiptasia i can see with my naked eye without moving rocks around. My first went after acans and brains. I moved all my brains into a frag tank when i got my second and so far its been a success

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Ive heard of people using a strong laser pointer or inject with lemon juice. I always just scraped them and the rock underneath them off seem'd to do the trick.
Ive tried that laser thats recommended on some forums. Complete crap. It seems like its working bc u hear a crackle but they just come back a few days later

oseymour

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I had the worse aptasia outbreak last year and it choked and killed a bunch of coral. I have a Red Sea Reefer 350 which is about 75 gallons.

1. I tried a couple of copperband - kept dying and wouldn't touch it
  2. I tried a pair of filefish - ate aptasia in the store but didn't touch it in my tank
  3. I tried Joe Juice, F Aptasia, Aptasia X and Kalk Paste - didn't work.
  4. I then took out all my wrasse and bought about 15 bhergia - I waited a month for them to eat but it kept getting worse and corals were dying
I went to Manhattan Aquariums and Live Aquaria and bought about 40 peppermint shrimp. It was all gone in a week. I took out most of them and kept only about 5, I have not seen any aptasia in about 5 months.

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 12.59.34 AM.png

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: