Elmervc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
I prefer go to ny unless is an emergency and i need something fast, absolutely and sea level, they charge you 2 , 3 times the actual cost of any livestock, that make me so mad for example they want to charge you $30 dollars for a blue cromie fish that goes for $7 , $8 dollars anywhere in ny, with $30 dollars you buy a tang from salgado or somewhere else, even when paying the toll you save a lot, but that’s depend on what part of Nj you live.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I prefer go to ny unless is an emergency and i need something fast, absolutely and sea level, they charge you 2 , 3 times the actual cost of any livestock, that make me so mad for example they want to charge you $30 dollars for a blue cromie fish that goes for $7 , $8 dollars anywhere in ny, with $30 dollars you buy a tang from salgado or somewhere else, even when paying the toll you save a lot, but that’s depend on what part of Nj you live.
i agree about the NY shops, not always convenient though

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Iconic for corals - go to spot around here and mod corals in teaneck but I only been in there once since they are almost never open except weekends. I haven't gone there in again since I went the first time since Teaneck was the epicenter for CoVID for awhile.

Fish? I still go to absolute for that. Selection is great and healthy. It is a few bucks over what you want to pay but I have never had an issue with any fish bought from there. Always thrive and no diseases.

Other than that, there is nothing in north jersey that is worth the drive. I wish Ultimate Corals, hcker99, from the other NJ reef site was closer to here. He always has some insanely colorful stuff and decent prices.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Iconic for corals - go to spot around here and mod corals in teaneck but I only been in there once since they are almost never open except weekends. I haven't gone there in again since I went the first time since Teaneck was the epicenter for CoVID for awhile.

Fish? I still go to absolute for that. Selection is great and healthy. It is a few bucks over what you want to pay but I have never had an issue with any fish bought from there. Always thrive and no diseases.

Other than that, there is nothing in north jersey that is worth the drive. I wish Ultimate Corals, hcker99, from the other NJ reef site was closer to here. He always has some insanely colorful stuff and decent prices.
thanks- I am right next to teaneck, so that would be perfect. covid still around, thankfully not as bad

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have to drive out to Englewood NJ sometime in the next few days for a really emotionally tough trip so afterwards I plan to go to TSM Aquatics in Sewell NJ (a long drive). What I really like about them is that they thoroughly quarantine and acclimate all of their fish. But it comes at a hefty price... 30 days QT and ensuring that all fish are eating and the price for some items can easily be double. If I had more money I would gladly pay it for everything I want, because I want to support stores that go out of their way to provide excellent service and disease free fish that are eating.

Anyone know of any other shops between Englewood and Sewell that have QT'ed fish? Or any that specialize in freshwater? (I am going with a friend that has awesome planted tanks)

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Fish Hut is a freshwater specialty spot. Had a cousin thatswears by them and even worked for them. So to work somewhere and trust them, is pretty good.

Again AF for clifton have been superb for fish health ime.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Fish Hut is a freshwater specialty spot. Had a cousin thatswears by them and even worked for them. So to work somewhere and trust them, is pretty good.

the guys at fish hut are awesome! i was in recently and asked about the sw stuff they had. they apparently had a pump failure or something and lost the sw setup and didnt bother getting it back running. they have some of the best looking fw stuff ive seen

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I have to drive out to Englewood NJ sometime in the next few days for a really emotionally tough trip so afterwards I plan to go to TSM Aquatics in Sewell NJ (a long drive). What I really like about them is that they thoroughly quarantine and acclimate all of their fish. But it comes at a hefty price... 30 days QT and ensuring that all fish are eating and the price for some items can easily be double. If I had more money I would gladly pay it for everything I want, because I want to support stores that go out of their way to provide excellent service and disease free fish that are eating.

Anyone know of any other shops between Englewood and Sewell that have QT'ed fish? Or any that specialize in freshwater? (I am going with a friend that has awesome planted tanks)
fish hut has some great fresh water selection and the crew is really awesome to chat with

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0

Yeah, we always stop at Fish Hut and AF with this particular friend. However, I am only interested in QT'ed fish. AF charges at least as much (if not more) as TSM but I don't think they QT their fish...
fish hut has some great fresh water selection and the crew is really awesome to chat with

I actually went to Fish Hut relatively recently and my daughter bought a few fish for her planted tank... Nice selection and they are really adding more interesting, harder to get freshwater fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: