Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I had this idea years ago to take the dry rock and create custom made structures for sale....alot of skeptics were all over me about how the dry rock would leach phosphates into the water and how I had to dip it in MA first. On top of that, no one wanted to pay more than what they would for just straight dry rock.

Well I'm on my 2nd tank, working on a 3rd, all from dry rock and never had a problem with it. Got a bucket or dry rock left over...might have to give the crazy glue and rock sand a try...the emarco cement is kinda unsightly until it gets aged.

Reefcowboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I had this idea years ago to take the dry rock and create custom made structures for sale....alot of skeptics were all over me about how the dry rock would leach phosphates into the water and how I had to dip it in MA first. On top of that, no one wanted to pay more than what they would for just straight dry rock.

Well I'm on my 2nd tank, working on a 3rd, all from dry rock and never had a problem with it. Got a bucket or dry rock left over...might have to give the crazy glue and rock sand a try...the emarco cement is kinda unsightly until it gets aged.
I've used dry rock in my current full sps tank and havent had any issues at all.
Like I've stated previously my current tank is set, I plan on setting a 325gal in a year or two, at that time if I find structures like these I'll gladly pay as I find them awesome

XclusiveReef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I've used dry rock in my current full sps tank and havent had any issues at all.
Like I've stated previously my current tank is set, I plan on setting a 325gal in a year or two, at that time if I find structures like these I'll gladly pay as I find them awesome
All I have been using past 15 years is Dry rock... I only started the hobby with Live Rock and quickly changed. Yes it will leech Phosphates but that goes away in 6-8 weeks

XclusiveReef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
All I have been using past 15 years is Dry rock... I only started the hobby with Live Rock and quickly changed. Yes it will leech Phospates

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
you can just use MArco cement.. it will be stronger but wityh glue you do not get the ugly cement look. depends how creative you are.
I agreed the cement looks ugly but just for a few. Once coraline takes over u will not be able to see where the cement is
Theres at least 6 big patch of emarco in that pic alone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
  • A2EE1904-A5FA-4180-8D21-DF45E28465FD.png
    A2EE1904-A5FA-4180-8D21-DF45E28465FD.png
    458.8 KB · Views: 82

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: