4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this sounds crazy, but some of us earlier reefers are getting old, and often wonder what happens to my 300 gallon 20 year old reef that is built into my wall when I kick the bucket. While my ATO will keep things going for a few days, what would my wife do. I told her if something happens to me, just unplug everything, which made her cry for a variety of reasons. Any other “old guys” think of this morbid stuff.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
It’s will most likely die too..
one of my customers had the most insane koi ponds I have ever seen... fish started disappearing, water got ugly.. now looks like a swamp w no water flow and 3 fish.. there must have been 75+

XclusiveReef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
We are all going to to get to a point where we are too old to maintain a tank and will break it down. You talking about dropping dead tomorrow then someone who buys a setup will probably be very lucky..
my wife would probably just trash everything,lol she would not want the hassle of selling things off.

4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was more thinking about A few days after I kick the bucket, Once the ATO runs dry, I do not want to cause a fire when the water level gets to low, I know, I should probably stop thinking of these silly things. That is why I told her just unplug everything!!! On to happier thoughts. My tank has never looked better. One day I will learn how to post pics. Everything looks like it is on steroids. My 12 year old purple tang has beautiful yellow eye brows.

Elmervc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
We have to leave instructions to the family, if they can’t keep it going, to donate or sell it, but for me, just disconnect it and let the livestock die too is not an option.

A4edwin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Until you just drop dead out of nowhere the tank inhabitants are screwed. If your health starts going down hill and you can’t keep up. You’ll start breaking it down. I’ll be realistic my family likes it but they wont want to deal with the maintenance. Only my youngest wants to help out when I test the water but that’s he Shakes the files for me. He doesn’t ask what the colors mean even if I explained them he doesn’t care. So for the livestock’s sake I hope I just don’t drop dead. Happy reefing!

xanderax1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Give your spouses my number and have them call me when you kick the bucket lol. Serously though I know what you you mean. Hopefully some of them may unknown to you been paying attention to your hobby ramblings and secretly hold an aquarist passion and your tanks continue on.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: