Rating - 100%
204   0   0
So tell me guys who loves to propagate these corals and I’m not talking about buying a colony chopping it up and selling it, but I’m talking about having a piece that not many folks have and being able to really grow it out.

One example I had recently was this Weeping Willow leather coral my buddy Alan from CT gave me about 8 to 9 months ago. He gave me five really small frag‘s and they grew out to be giants. I needed more space and had to sell a couple But was surprised to find out how so many people really wanted them because they’re really nowhere to be found. I did some research and found out how to cut them and propagate them. I had to be careful with the toxins that they release in the tank so here are a few that I recently cut. I have to be honest with you and say that I really got a sense of pride and accomplishment when I was able to have all five pieces look great the next day and that’s Why I wanted to start this thread to ask if any of you who enjoy this part of the hobby!

I sure do!

cf1c7ecda7943920fd8933a9d4c1e815.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
When you frag your chalices put a few drops of Lugols Iodine in the water and have a water bath with a few drops in it as well for the cut pieces. Go slow and cut in-between the eyes. Mount them on your plugs and put them in a low flow area for a couple of days to heal.
Agree iodine definitely helps chalices when fragging

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: