redtigrinus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I have heard and seen their build quality has improved greatly. Can't comment on there customer service. They seem to have a growing presence on R2R, take a look there as well. There are a couple recent build threads.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I bought one from them years ago...8-10years now. the setup for what it is worth was nice and cheap with what looked to be a very solid build, didn't like the seams were sloppy but no bubbles and not 100% aligned. The overflow was huge, bulky and took a lot of real estate. Don't like the stupid false wall they provide. In hindsight, just glue it once your happy. I had a custom overflow made by Jeff (custom sump) back in the day with little frag holders randomly placed.

It was annoying doing manual pick up at a spot, in my case White Plains. A ton of people (20-30) waiting in line to get their item off the back of a truck.

I never had to deal with the customer service or anything but I believe I called and old lady there was a real winner.

Maybe a lot of things have changed and hope it has. Decent tank and not many options without paying an arm and a leg for another company to make it. I prefer to opt for a proven option from now on. Red sea tanks, IM for nanos, etc. Reefoman?

But glasscages usually means budget build.

Either way, that's my take. And hopefully like someone above mentioned, hopefully, they have improved.

redtigrinus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this on one of the build threads on R2R. People seem to be happy since the change.

Major Company transition in 11/2019. Below is a highlight of Phase 1.
Glass Cages Transformation:
• Leadership Change
• Quality Assurance with QA Check Points
• Digital Production Tracking
• Improved Customer Service
• CAD drawing and approval processes
• Major Investments in Fabrication Equipment

• Polished Edges are now standard on all builds

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: