Rating - 100%
575   0   0
So the unthinkable happen to me
My light fell in my tank. I quickly pull it out thw tank and dry it as best i could. Obviously light doesnt work
So im looking for a fellow reefer with experience in this light and/or an electrician to take a look at it and test it and help me try to fix it
I know i probably have to buy new ballast but i wanna make sure no other electrical issues
Ill pay for ur time!!

Attachments

• 2A8B6092-755A-48A0-9730-6877BF534370.jpeg
    2A8B6092-755A-48A0-9730-6877BF534370.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 238

Caseyoidae

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. I had a similar light with 2 reefbrites rip out of the ceiling and fall in my tank 2 years ago. I have a thread on r2r about it. I’d definitely get it as clean as possible. There are ways to trouble shoot them with a multi meter. I tried that route and scared the hell out of myself with lots of sparks. Probably because I never cleaned it properly and it corroded . Ended up buying a new one because parts for the dimmable were almost as expensive as a new non dimmable.I feel the manufacturer should really tell people these things need to be anchored into studs and not with the supplied Sheetrock anchors. Wishing you luck!

Nanoreefer415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
throw out ballasts, get new ones, check the bulb end caps for corrosion, most likely they will be rusted, replace those aswell. The wiring harness for the ballasts may also need to be replaced aswell. This has happened to me in the past and corrosion sets in almost within a few hours on the end caps and wiring

Aggi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Bro honestly just in parts will cost you a lot . It happened to me in the past ended up buying another fixture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
So the unthinkable happen to me
My light fell in my tank. I quickly pull it out thw tank and dry it as best i could. Obviously light doesnt work
So im looking for a fellow reefer with experience in this light and/or an electrician to take a look at it and test it and help me try to fix it
I know i probably have to buy new ballast but i wanna make sure no other electrical issues
Ill pay for ur time!!
Bro you def could have taken it out quicker if you didn't stop to take a picture. Haha. Hope you get that thing working again.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: