Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Hey MR Family,

I'm upgrading to a 50 gallon, but I'd like to attach a Fluval Edge tank to the main display as well through the same plumbing. I would like to make this as easy and seamless as possible. I have already put together the plumbing for the main display tank.

Will an overflow on the Fluval edge and a return pump in the sump section work? I understand there needs to be enough room for the sump to not overflow, but I'm not too sure on the dynamics of the plumbing. The main display does have a ball valve on the return pump.

Would really like to know if my approach will work. Thanks in advance!

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes you can.

Put a T to split the return line back to each tank and install a ball valve on each return so you can adjust the flow to each tank accordingly.

Also make sure you have a strong enough pump to run both tanks.

ichthyogeek

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will. Just make sure that the overflows don't drain so much water into the sump that it floods. You can test this by just turning off all the pumps and checking to see what the fill level is.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well...not really. You could do that to make it easier, or you could manage the variance in water height by using ball valves.
Agree, ball valve to adjust flow is all that is needed. I have a 75g plumbed into my display in the basement from the return in sump and use valve to adjust flow to the 75g. See below. Return has a T you can see going to the left is the 75g fuge the display continues up to first floor.Ball valve is behind the drain pipe. Also Dave from reef trends added a bleed line you see next to the 3 gate valves to give additional flow control.
1E460A3C-CE82-41FB-A506-71E4018F2210.jpeg

derevles.ru

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Заинтересовывает экологически безупречная новомодная и недорогая деревянная мебель фото
Коли на то пошло наше приглашение для вас!
Мы уж более 10 лет занимаемся изготовлением красивой мебели. В качестве материала мы используем исключительно дерево благородных пород. Лавки из естественного дерева прослужат долгие десятилетия, выглядят изысканно а также, главное, являются полностью экологически чистыми!
Отечественные мастера своего дела ладят с деревом уже достаточно долго, имеют большой знание в этой сфере и способны создавать естественные изделия столярного мастерства.
Мебель из натуральной древесины ольхи в отличие от других материалов имеет целый ряд преимуществ:
- фундаментальность;
- возможность создавать проекты уникального дизайна;
- экологическая чистота.
Чтобы купить стильную детские комнаты из дерева
ручной работы!
Мы также освоили интересный стиль: консоль мебель лофт

Звоните и заказывайте: +7(977)687-15-46

Rating - 100%
80   0   0
So you would have to drill the tank? If you drill the back the water level will be a couple inch from the top to accommodate the bulk heads unless you drill the bottom. Regardless lots of work.
IMO might be a difficult project with that tank. I would consider selling the 12g and getting something different to make it work. Also I was looking at some of your other posts. I would focus on the 50g and then when and if you can update to a larger main display or add another tank to the system. Unless the goal was to do a species specific tank for the fluval.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: