TRUKINGNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I started my tank 2 years ago its barebottom and dry rock and cant keep many coral. ive spoke to some advanced hobbyists and they feel my bacteria isnt up to par. They feel i should do some waterchanges with someone that has a system that has corals and doing well. Also that i should get some live rock in there but online is so expensive. I live in westchester does anyone know where i can get some live rock and also of anyone with a system that is doing well that would considered given me some of there waterchange water thinking maybe doing it 3x and doing 10 gallons each time. Thank you for any help im on the edge of giving up but wanna give this a try.

Payedjay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bare bottom tank started it with dry rock been going for almost 2 years with many corals could be your parameters like calcium magnesium and alk also phosphate nitrates these are thing that would cause corals to die or bleach

Payedjay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1621897217075.jpeg

Pic for reference

Amado

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting water from another persons tank is not a good idea.
if you want more bacteria you can buy CLEAN ocean water. It has a ton of bacteria . You don’t need to get live rock. You get bacteria from corals. So add corals from different sources. Also you can get Bacteria
From snails/clams.
the best way is also just to add dr. Tim’s bacteria or any other bacteria in a bottle.

Attachments

• 5D2490C5-29C5-4D1B-B7B4-E1C9478F4800.png
    5D2490C5-29C5-4D1B-B7B4-E1C9478F4800.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 0

Payedjay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree you not just taking anyone water someone with a stable reef that been running for a while I’d beneficial for a new tank or a starter tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: