Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Tank Trouble/ Why the sudden Lost of corals

Tank was doing fine, tank started to leak, so I purchased a new tank same gallons, transferred everything over. thought I was fine. a few days later STN so I checked the water parms everything was fine, began to frag, a few days later bleached corals one at a time , lost almost all sps

Left the tank alone for weeks to watch a tank diminish, so I need help

tank has been cycled well over a year before the transfer
Tank is 80g
6 bulb ATI fixure
vertex omega 150 skimmer (off now until I get nitrates)

watch for a mini cycle didn't happened

Ammo 0
Mag 1300
Calk 490
Alk 7.9
Salt 1.026
Nitrate 0 and i do mean zero ( 2 fish )
Phos 0.03 (hanna checker)
temp 75 to 77

Last edited:

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Yeah , I did see a thin film on the glass and when I cleaned it in 2 days it was back but nothing on the rocks no long hair algae or cyano

Thanks

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Just give it alittle time to balance out again ..moving a whole tank in one day never works out good in saltwater ..ebery time I have to move a tank I would set up the new tank let it cycle then move things over . It sucks cause it's a process but that's the only real way to do it without risk ..

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just give it alittle time to balance out again ..moving a whole tank in one day never works out good in saltwater ..ebery time I have to move a tank I would set up the new tank let it cycle then move things over . It sucks cause it's a process but that's the only real way to do it without risk ..

Yeah, that make sense, wish I thought about that before I made that move, it just when your tank starts to leak you just don't know how much time you have

thanks for the info and responses. It stuff like this that makes the forum work, people willing to help others when needed, I appreciate you man

Thanks again

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Also like someone else was asking u about if u reused the and.def try and not resuse it that's probally y u lost our corals

Actually I emptied the water filtered through a sock into a 40g and a garbage container it was very clean , set up the new tank layered the bottom with one bag of new sand and returned it all rock, ran the tank for a minute and then transfered corals over to the new tank without disturbing anything

Oh shoot was I supposed to acclimate the corals to the new tank even if It was a quick transfer with the temp the same and using the current water? Ah Im all out have to wait this thing out or empty and start all over

Kind of wish I started the tank over and put my corals from the leaking tank over into a holding tank cause I wouldn?t have had all this happen....... miss my sticks and gonna have to start over they were growing nicely and coloring was great

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: