ezaudio2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
455   0   0
I just moved into a new house and I have moisture seeping up into my garage floor Through cracks along the entire length of the floor. (No physical water per say but the concrete along these crack lines is darker from being wet. I filled the cracks with a concrete patch and poured self leveling concrete over the whole floor but I still have darker lines running through the floor and I can feel the humidity when I’m in there. I’m wondering if there is something I can apply to the floor to seal it from moisture or if I need to chop out the floor and have a new one poured. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• E2F0BF6E-1920-4023-BF3E-9483660EBF3E.jpeg
    E2F0BF6E-1920-4023-BF3E-9483660EBF3E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 121
  • B54D8DD9-932D-4A28-91B5-4494254D06B8.jpeg
    B54D8DD9-932D-4A28-91B5-4494254D06B8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 129

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
No, there is really not. The "repair" for that is not what you want to hear.
You have water under your floor and to fix it, a trench is cut all the way around the slab and the water then enters a sump where it is pumped out.

I would wait to see if it stops, but if it doesn't, that is the only fix as you can't permanently water proof cement if liquid water is seeping through. Your water table may be up to your slab.

I have seen this done a few times and it does fix the problem and is not as damaging as you would imagine as long as it is not a finished basement.

D-Roms

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a high water table. How wide are the cracks? If they are hair line(1/16 inch) they must be made wider so the epoxy can get into them. Concrete sealants won't work sitting on top. It must be forced into the crack. Where are your downspouts from your gutters? If they end right at your foundation, the water is too close to your house. Put extensions on them of at least three feet. I live in a neighborhood that has natural springs under several houses. Every house has a sump pump. That may be your best bet if the water gets worse, usually by us in springtime.

Markbluereef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved into a new house and I have moisture seeping up into my garage floor Through cracks along the entire length of the floor. (No physical water per say but the concrete along these crack lines is darker from being wet. I filled the cracks with a concrete patch and poured self leveling concrete over the whole floor but I still have darker lines running through the floor and I can feel the humidity when I’m in there. I’m wondering if there is something I can apply to the floor to seal it from moisture or if I need to chop out the floor and have a new one poured. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you in advance
Could be condensation, this time of year with the heat and cool garage or basement

q167

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. Within time it will get worse the only solution and the smartest on is to take out the concrete and place a vapor barrier on top of the dirt and pour a new layer of concrete.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: