Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Have recently placed 2 orders from liveaquaria and the fish so far have been good quality, healthy and fairly priced. Also purchased some clean up crew...snails and hermits and they have been hit or miss. Some die off of the snails and the most of the hermits were snails in disguise.

Overall pleased with them...but wont be ordering clean up crew going forward.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Petco is closing their Portchester store. Last year Petsmart closed their Portchester store. No LFS and no big chain stores. Westchester has less LFS than 20 years ago when hobby the wasn't popular. Hard way to make a living in this hobby. Why service is a must for successful business.

Adamantium

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco is closing their Portchester store. Last year Petsmart closed their Portchester store. No LFS and no big chain stores. Westchester has less LFS than 20 years ago when hobby the wasn't popular. Hard way to make a living in this hobby. Why service is a must for successful business.
Yup, it’s such a bummer. I have to drive to Connecticut for any decent LFS, and they’re way overpriced.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
A bit more information about that: they got bought by "Tropical Fish International" (one of the competitors of Quality Marine).

But more importantly, more recently: (Kevin Kohen was the leader for Diver's Den)

jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Westchester guys,

Is Max Reefs still in Yonkers?
I haven't been in that area since I graduated school years ago.

Max reef was by far the best store I've ever been to and their prices were unbeatable for retail.

4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. It is interesting. My 225 reef tank is 25 years old. I have not added anything to my tank in over 5 years, as I really have no room. I was shocked that my $49 purple tank I bought at fishtown 10 years ago is now $500. I am not sure I would be able to get my tank to where it is today if I started now, There were loads of LFS and the prices and selection was so much better. And as I get older, every now and then I do think about switching to fresh water......

Tiny's Nano

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hi. It is interesting. My 225 reef tank is 25 years old. I have not added anything to my tank in over 5 years, as I really have no room. I was shocked that my $49 purple tank I bought at fishtown 10 years ago is now $500. I am not sure I would be able to get my tank to where it is today if I started now, There were loads of LFS and the prices and selection was so much better. And as I get older, every now and then I do think about switching to fresh water......
Won't get the same coloration from all the corals and fish

thedragoneel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Spent big money with live aquaria when they were fosters and smith with no complaints. Now their prices are insane, actually all online vendors are insane now that I now shop at LFSs when I purchased strictly online. Can’t wait till Amazon starts dropping live fish on an app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: