Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
you should not have 6 clowns in one tank. they will kill each other until two is left. your tank is too new to handle that many fish and corals. If you cant keep clowns alive? you are in trouble. you are learning the hard way bro.
Dose rubyreef or any medication into your DT. it will kill off your corals.

Last edited:

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
you should not have 6 clowns in one tank. they will kill each other until two is left. your tank is too new to handle that many fish and corals. If you cant keep clowns alive? you are in trouble. you are learning the hard way bro.
Understood

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Looks like ich....as said above and as we spoke a bit , your tank is new... you have to give it time to build bacteria . Your forcing your system to have a overload that isnt ready which in return... you are weakening your system and everyone in that tank.. will be affected by it. SLOW DOWN.

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The white spots don't move when he moves so it does look like ich. His breathing is really fast so he is definitely under duress. It may also be in his gills. Clowns have a pretty thick slime coat so they are usually less susceptible to ich.......to see him like that may mean your tank is quite infested at this point.

Humble's advice of a fresh water dip may provide some relief. Honestly, if you are going to go through the trouble of removing him for the dip, I would not put him back in afterwards. You could remove all of them into a QT and start copper treatment. You could also run a UV on your tank and hope for the best.

Last edited:

BryanD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
T

Anybody got some results from this stuff ?
I got results using “polop lab medic” reef safe but I don’t think it’s reef safe with anemones because my anemone spits out the water and gets tiny when I had added it to the tank

Last edited:

BryanD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don’t add more than 6 clowns in one tank ? It’s too new to handle that many fish and corals? What are you talking about are you trying to be a tank police or something because that makes no sense and I say it time to time again smhh adding more then 6 clowns in one tank is true but depending on the situation if you make sure there is enough territory and add the clowns into the tank at the same time you chances of having Success will be verry high and even if you have existing clowns in the tank catch them and put them in another tank for example the sump for 1 of 2 weeks tops to reset them and then add them back in when you add the other clowns and too early to have that many fish and coral ? I can prove you wrong in so many ways with my tank as an example.

Last edited:

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Don’t add more than 6 clowns in one tank ? It’s too new to handle that many fish and corals? What are you talking about are you the tank police or something that makes no sense and I say it time to time again smhh adding more then 6 clowns in one tank is true but depending on the situation if you make sure there is enough territory and add the clowns into the tank at the same time you chances of having a Success will be verry high and even if you have existing clowns in the tank catch them and put them in another tank for example the sump for 1 of 2 weeks tops to reset them and then add them back in when you add the other clowns and too early to have that many fish and coral ? I can prove you wrong in so many ways with my tank as an example.
??

tsouth

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't have any experience with Ruby Red but it is highly recommended. At this point, I would not recommend investing the money time or effort into it. Keep your current live stock healthy and feed them a frozen food that has been soaked in an additive that will boost their health (garlic, amino, selcon, etc). I would encourage you to focus in on Humblefish's and Rebel's comments. Humblefish is an incredibly knowledgeable hobbyist, maybe even master, of holistic fish health practices.

BryanD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Attachments

• F0358D4C-B7DE-4375-AA0A-A4E4CDB5ED5F.jpeg
    F0358D4C-B7DE-4375-AA0A-A4E4CDB5ED5F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Humblefish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got results using “polop lab medic” reef safe but I don’t think it’s reef safe with anemones because my anemone spits out the water and gets tiny when I had added it to the tank
Since Medic is just crystallised peroxide salts, dosing H2O2 will accomplish the same thing for only a few dollars:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: