Status
Not open for further replies.

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have a feeling that these leds are driven by AC instead of DC like the DIY projects. I took my r/c helicopter tachometer out today. (don't ask me why) I notice under the LEDS, it read 3600 rpm just like when it is place under a regular household light since AC has a cycle of 60hz and in a minute it is 3600. The light bulb flashes 3600 times a minute, too fast for us to see but the tach can pick it up at that speed..

Baja170

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else having any problems with their fixtures? One of my G2 230W the blues will not turn off. You can push the button and the LED on the PS will turn off, but the blue LED's stay on. Has anyone any experience with warranty service from Maxspect? 5.5 months old, already a problem. DOH!!

Didac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I just got a 180g ( 72,24,24).. I thinking in getting two 170w.. What you think?? any one have pictures of a 180g ??

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Can I get a recommendation for a 25 gallon 18x18x18 cube? I'm thinking the smallest one would be best? I want moonlights and the ability to control whites and blues separately.

You want the G2-110w fixture. I have the G2-60w on a 24g Aqua Pod and it is not enough coverage plus you cannot control the whites and blues separately with the smallest fixture.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question on <axspect

Hi all.

I am currently using an 8x29w T5 setup over my 95g reef.
The time has come to replace the lamps and am thinking about going LED.

The tank is 36x24x25. It is center braced and has built in overflow which. takes up about 12" x 8" on one end of tank.

What model number would be good for this set up?
Should I get two smaller models? (because of center bracing.)

The overflow side somewhat a wasted area and no need to illuminate that.
i am looking to keep some softies.

Any and all advice would be most helpful!

thanks in advance

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Hi all.

I am currently using an 8x29w T5 setup over my 95g reef.
The time has come to replace the lamps and am thinking about going LED.

The tank is 36x24x25. It is center braced and has built in overflow which. takes up about 12" x 8" on one end of tank.

What model number would be good for this set up?
Should I get two smaller models? (because of center bracing.)

The overflow side somewhat a wasted area and no need to illuminate that.
i am looking to keep some softies.

Any and all advice would be most helpful!

thanks in advance
I got the Maxspect G2-170 for my 90 - I liked it very much nut as soon as I put it up I knew I had made a mistake. The center brace blocked a lot of the light and created a "dark" zone right in the middle of my tank. I sold that fixture and bought 2 of the smaller, shorter 100W units and have them mounted on either side of the brace - much better. My new tank is a 120 (48" x 24" x 24") and the 2 100W units are very good.

Attachments

• tank_20110420.jpg
    tank_20110420.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the Maxspect G2-170 for my 90 - I liked it very much nut as soon as I put it up I knew I had made a mistake. The center brace blocked a lot of the light and created a "dark" zone right in the middle of my tank. I sold that fixture and bought 2 of the smaller, shorter 100W units and have them mounted on either side of the brace - much better. My new tank is a 120 (48" x 24" x 24") and the 2 100W units are very good.

Great info....That helps.
Thanks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also, did you purchase yours at fish street? I was at their website and the pricing info for the g2-110 shows a "+ $280" price for a total of $480...What is the "+ $280" for.... Shipping?

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
on a 2 foot wide tank the 170w wont give enough coverage front to back, had one on my 3x2x22" tank, loved the color ect but didnt like the side to side coverage, but they also didnt have the reflectors nor the lenses when i had gotten mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: