evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
i had to order mine early since I got a non-working fixture with a recent transaction. I must say, chris has been awesome and can't wait to get my fixture!!! i would definitely buy again.

125reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
im having a hard time figuring out how to light my 92 corner which i plan to keep mostly sps.what would you recommend.which model and how many.also i didnt see if there was a warranty or a extended plan

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
For those who are interested in ordering from the GB, please send an e-mail to me at [email protected] with MRGB as the subject and please include the following:

• Your MR screen name
  • Your full name and mailing address
  • Your PayPal address
  • What you are ordering, including optional mounting brackets
This will run through the end of the month, at which time I will forward along our full order to Chris at ReefKoi. Thx.

125reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
the video is great,the price is great but like is there a time lapse video that shows the growth of the coral.is there a specific coral that shouldnt be kept with these lights.seems like this is a lfs and the questions you ask are just what you want to hear,i thought this was a site to inform members of a product.not to buy so much useless equip.i can buy a 25 dollar led from home depot that can make my corals look like that.how are they for survival of the corals that inhabit our tanks.

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
First of all, the member who posted the video is not the vendor of this GB and has no interest whatsoever in whether you participate or not - he was just trying to be helpful. Secondly, you could buy LEDs at Home Depot but that doesn't mean that the output is what your corals need to thrive. Thirdly, no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy. If you're not interested in the GB then don't participate.

125reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
damn yankfanim just asking questions about the product.why are you getting so defensive for.im looking for LED system but this product gives nop real evidence its a good quality coral growing light.i emaoled the person and all i got was look at my tank how nice they are.i asked them how are they for growing sps and he said just put them high on a rock and they will be fine.im not looking for just a high sps tank and i just want the people on this site who are spending 500 bucks to make sure these are the lights for them.WOW asking questions and you jump down my throat.are you making money off this GB or getting a light for free if you get a certain amount of people.holy cow people on here get so angry when you ask questions and try to inform people of things.and asking questions like this is participation.if you dont like a member asking some questions get a bunch of your friends and order them dont do a group buy on a public forum!!!and i wasnt getting angry at that member who showed the video.its a fine video but it shows me nothing.i can put a video of a plastic strip blue led on the web that shows coral popping doesnt mean a 25 dollars led should be sold for hundreds extra.

Last edited:

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Can't we just all get along? ON a serious note, I have 2 of the 120 fixtures and I am growing SPS 20 inches deep in my tank. I actually had too much light on some birdsnest that started bleaching it so I had to move it to the bottom of the tank. I know chris from reefkoi uses these lights on his growout tanks as well. hth

james

125reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
thanks educator some helpful advise from a 3rd person point of view who uses the light.thats all i wanted to hear some personal expierence froma fellow reefer.i wouldnt buy a car for the looks i like to see reviews from people who drive the specific car im looking to drive not the salesman who prob drives something else :)

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
In the thread, three different MR members (educator, flipit13 and wes) all stated that they were currently using the fixture and were happy with the growth and color. Isn't that third-person experience?

125reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
ok thanks everyone.and to bigyankfan just dont want to spend money on a light thats not going to do anything for me or is going to break and the company goes out of business and im stuck thats all.im always concerned when it comes to my mulla.no hard feelings.i am looking hard for a good light that will fit my needs more then the t-5 i am currently running.i still have 7 more days to decide correct?

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Yes until the end of the month. If you do decide to buy, see post #45 for the information that I need to consolidate and send to Chris. No hard feelings here either. BTW, I have only read good things about this fixture on other sites, as well.

125reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
and what happens 6 months from now when your lights go bad.are we going to have to wait for months to get a new or fixed fixture.well no offense im going to look around for a fixture i know will be handled like im important.they are very expensive so i guess it will either be acan or pacific sun.thanks reefer thats all i needed to hear.maybe a acan group buy should ne in the works :) LOL

Killarsox

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.9%
16   2   0
I don't know Chris but seems like a pretty good guy if he's offering such a generous discount. If you've ever dealt with any of these foreign companies you'd understand their a PITA to deal with. Very uninformative and have little contact to vendors so I'd guess the reason he never responded to you was because he's still waiting for a response from over seas.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: