A

Anonymous

I think I am loosing my leather coral .. he is shriveling up and kinda humped over . not doing well .. tank specs are

80 gallon 2 175 MH 55k 1 40w NO actinic
Amm 0 Ppm
Ph 8.0
Nitrite 0 Ppm
Nitrate 20 Ppm
temp 79 d/F

just added a sump 2 days ago with skimmer .. drip plate .. pushing 500 GPH ... Please help quick .. what can I do to save him? he was shedding ( what looked like it ) his skin for the past 2 or so days as well .. have not seen his pullups since monday ... nothing is differant .. other than the sump .. all other corals doing good .. Pulsing Xenia growing .. what do I need to do??? ..

Please respond ..

Thanks!

------------------
-==- The wife said no .. so now I hide the money ..-==-

A

Anonymous

Hi, don't panic as part of the cycle, leathers and many softies shep and take a couple of days to putt up, I have a devils hand that does flop over while shedding, and always gets stuck under a little ledge and can't pop up again till I move his head a little, dont panic yet, sounds pretty normal to me, especially if he is not oozing gunge or getting discoloured holes or missing chunks off him,

Kerry.

A

Anonymous

Have you checked the phosphate levels in your tank. Phosphates could be responsible however my leathers have gone thru a few cycles as you described but perked up after shedding.

------------------

A

Anonymous

like the other guy said "dont worry to much!"
This is common,i have a toadstool that hasn't
opened for few weeks cause it is splitting!
Each week it is shedding quicker and looking more settled. (polyps extending more)

cheers Marc

A

Anonymous

Hi,

It should be fine mine did the same thing,I had one that stayed closed for monthes It was on a rock that star polyp had spread to and I thought it was dead i removed it from the rock and the next day it started opening up,must have been the polys.

David

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: