A

Anonymous

i just bought an arrow crab the other day and have a few questions about him. first will he pinch and if so does it hurt? im always sticking my arm in there for something. i let my peppermint shrimp get on my arm but their claws are not quite as big. i have seen tht jocker tuggin' at the rock, he looks pretty strong. and he hasnt moved hardly at all. is this normal? do they usally stay in the same place most of the day? he is eating up algae in my tank. thanks alot,
aaron

A

Anonymous

airbear77,

My arrow crab seems to be nocturnal < sorry about the spelling > as I really dont see him during the day ... and if I do .. he is in the same place all day long .. however when the lights go out .. he is all over my tank ...

As for them pinching you .. not too shure .. I just hand fed him a small silverside along with my cleaner shrimp .. they seem to like them .. My peppermint shrimp try and catch them while I am feeding my anomony ... so .. I have yet to get attacked by my arrow crab though ...

Cleaner shrimp can give ya a little pinch though .. if they get a hair on your arm that they decide has to be removed ..
biggrin.gif

------------------
-==- The wife said no .. so now I hide the money ..-==-

A

Anonymous

I had an arrow crab for a couple of months. He was all over the tank day and night and was too scared to even come close enough ot nip. I don't think they are good reef critters though, they eat small brittle stars and since they eat bristleworms i assume they will eat the good worms that you want. They get large quick also so they can turn into a monstrocity. With their long legs poking around they can irritate corals.

Thats just MO.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: