daniel.br

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

I've reserved one one these in a aquarium shop by my place and i'm about the take it to my tank.

I know it's the most delicate species to keep, so, I'd like to know how to acclimate it, how to place it, etc...

A webpage about it would be appreciated as well...

Thanx

Margueritte

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I have had a magnifica in my 90 gallon tank for about 10 months now. The important point is that the magnifica needs a solitary rock to attach to and very strong current blowing over the top of the anenome.

Hope this helps...
Margueritte

ca1ore

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have also had an H. Magnifica in my reef tank for some time now.

I placed him on top of a tall rock in direct metal halide (10K/20K combo) light with strong pulsing curent over the top of its tentacles. In order to move, it must retreat down the rock away form the light - which it has never done. According to the experts a moving anemone is an unhappy anemone.

My magnifica was quite pale when I first bought him (or her, not sure) so supplemental feedings are critical intitially. I simply feed him either a thawed block of krill, some chopped clam, or thawed silversides approximately 3-4 times/ week which keeps him approx 8 inclehs in size.

I have a pair of ocellaris clowns that host with him.

Simon

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: