A

Anonymous

I had a very nice open brain, that slowly started to die. Now what I have is 3 small pieces of it left on the skeliton. Each piece seems to have it's own mouth. Should I leave them where they are or should I try and break the skeliton apart and give each room to grow?

I don't know what caused it to die off like it did, all water params were good. The only things I can think of are inadaquate lighting (130w of pc, over a 29) and a hitchhiking crab. Both of which have been taken care of. The little pieces are now starting to regrow with the help of 250w mh over the 29.

What do you think I need to do? Seperate the small pieces or will they grow back into 1 coral? I soooo need help :lol:

Chubosco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a beautiful brain that did the same thing. Once it started to deteriorate I pulled it out because I didn't want it to spread to my other brain. I'm just a beginner but later found out I had inadvertently touched it. It started to deteriorate right where my thumb had touched it. Trouble is, I never seen on as beautiful as this one was. Still kicking myself for my ignorance.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: