bonniem

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
We have a 70 gallon reef aquarium, and we have a bit of Aiptasia....So we decided to try our luck with Peppermint Shrimp....We bought 4 from our local shop cause thats all they had left...We put them in and next day I look for them the whole day, I dont see them anywhere....
can someone please tell me where you think they are?

I told my husband I think they went in the overflow box, and maybe got stuck in the trickle filter..
So to soothe my mind, he looked, they arent in there.....

They are just GONE...in 1 night.....
HELP
Bonnie

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can think of quite a few things.
Did you acclimate them?
What other critters do you have in the tank?
They could be molting.
Have you checked the floor?
Try checking with a flashlight about 3 hours after lights out, that's normally when they'll be out.
Give them a few days to become used to their new surroundings and hopefully they'll all be out at feeding time.

mario

bblundell

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are hidding! Wait a few days and when you feed your tank you may see them. Eventually they get quite tame and will crawl on your hands and take food from your fingers!

Devildog

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some perpermint shrimp are completely nocternal and you may never see them during the day but the willl still do there job. I have been lucky mine hve taken up residence in the left front coner of the tank and can be always seen.

Devildog

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some perpermint shrimp are completely nocternal and you may never see them during the day but the willl still do there job. I have been lucky mine hve taken up residence in the left front coner of the tank and can be always seen.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: