Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to thank Mr. Wandell for the opportunity to care for this creature. It's color has intensified each day since I've had it, and is beginning to develop the orange coloration that I so desire in a clam.

The clam is exactly 6" from end to end.

Regards,

Karl

Attachments

• closeup.JPG
    closeup.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 2,570
  • clam1.JPG
    clam1.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 2,568
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oooh me likey!

Did you get it at 6" or howlong have you had it to grow from whatever original size.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a beautiful Maxima. I'd love to have one that color too! :D

Louey

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sfsuphysics":35a7qa0t said:
oooh me likey!

Did you get it at 6" or howlong have you had it to grow from whatever original size.

Just got earlier this month from Matt. I don't know how long he's had it, but I think he got it from a store in your neck of the woods.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Louey":xvtm3wkh said:
That is a beautiful Maxima. I'd love to have one that color too! :D

Louey

Hopefully, the mortality rate will improve for teardrops (which is the worst of all). Perhaps with more careful collection and farming methods, we'll see more of them. It seems Barry at ClamsDirect is beginning to offer teardrops again on his site.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sfsuphysics":1zqpqwbt said:
oooh me likey!

It grew from about 5" about 6 months ago or so. It came from (?) 6th Ave Aquarium in SF on....6th Avenue. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howz this clam doing?

Want me to care for it for awhile? ;)

Louey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: