MarklPDX

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for anyone whod like to answer. I have recently bought set up and cycled a 12g nano and have purchased 3 shrimp ( 2 cleaners and 1 peppermint ) all at different time and none have lived past 1 day in my tank. I have also purchesed some snails that have failed to survive past a day in my tank as well. I have tested my water multiple times and everything tests out OK i also have a chromis that is currently living and healthy. I am confused on why i am having so much trouple with invertebrates. I have a lot of algae in my tank because i let it cycle for about 6 wks or more before trying to add anything. Does anyone have any thoughts?

pvn228

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you acclimating them correctly? Inverts may die temp/salinity shock!

This happened to my first shrimp(coral banded) i just threw him in and he died soon after.

MarklPDX

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I acclimating them just in the bag I didnt use the full drip technique but made made sure to acclimate them for about an hour before letting them go in the tank [/i]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: