Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You definitely don’t get the point. I don’t care for a sub forum about race and I would be against that aswell because it would be divisive.
Then stop making it divisive. YOU and one other dude are making it divisive. Everyone else is welcoming and fun. Again, if this forum isn't for you, just scroll along - this forum cannot hurt you. In fact, it is bringing a bunch of people back to reefs.com.

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

Lots of posts here that I could clean up - do you want me clean them or to leave them or delete them at this point?

I think leaving them might be no because it feels clear to me that they aren't going to win and it is now kind of fun seeing them shake their fists but be countered. But, I would like some guidance as to what the people this forum was created for would like me to do. Thanks!

Matt_Wandell

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A thread not a sub forum. But it would be divisive
Not really unless you’re opposed to like-minded people forming groups to discuss things. You barge into AA meetings to tell them they’re being divisive and should come down to the bar? That’s about what this sounds like. ?

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Boo hoo? I mean do I need to point out the obvious here that your religion and your politics are a choice and your sexuality
Matt. thanks for standing up with us.
Sticking up for you by placing you in a segregated corner? This world is so upside down. Instead of feeling like you’re part of a whole community where everyone is welcomed thank you for giving us our own little corner.

Matt_Wandell

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

Lots of posts here that I could clean up - do you want me clean them or to leave them or delete them at this point?

I think leaving them might be no because it feels clear to me that they aren't going to win and it is now kind of fun seeing them shake their fists but be countered. But, I would like some guidance as to what the people this forum was created for would like me to do. Thanks!
Delete the entire thread except for the first post since it’s completely stupid.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Hey Everyone,

Thales can someone post a thread on MR with the title “Convervative reefers thread only” or “Catholic reefers only” or “Black people reefers only”?

Matt_Wandell

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sticking up for you by placing you in a segregated corner? This world is so upside down. Instead of feeling like you’re part of a whole community where everyone is welcomed thank you for giving us our own little corner.
I didn’t give anybody anything and the part you’re still missing is they’re not restricted to a little corner. Just like people who post about zoanthids in the zoanthid forum can post everywhere else. You sure do sound bitter.

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thales can someone post a thread on MR with the title “Convervative reefers thread only” or “Catholic reefers only” or “Black people reefers only”?
I'm sorry, if your questions are supposed to be analogous, you have failed as there is no 'only' attached to this sub forum.

35ppt

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I'm good with whatever. Apologies if I made more work for you.

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Delete the entire thread except for the first post since it’s completely stupid.
That is one way to go. Perhaps though, leaving the posts up where you, a heavy hitting aquarist, is smacking down bigots is good in the world. I am not sure. Also, everyone, please feel free to contact me in PM if that is better for you. Thanks

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I didn’t give anybody anything and the part you’re still missing is they’re not restricted to a little corner. Just like people who post about zoanthids in the zoanthid forum can post everywhere else. You sure do sound bitter.
So then what’s the point? And I already said what the point was but they are denying it. What exactly is the point of having a segregated sub forum? Everyone is already welcomed on MR so what is it? A dating forum? What exactly will there be in this sub forum that isn’t already here except for the name? So if a gay reefer posts about some amazing new way to reef and I don’t go in that forum is everyone going to miss out on this great news way to reef? I don’t even think our gay reefers know why it was made other then the fact a post was removed on another site which has zero affiliation with this one.

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm good with whatever. Apologies if I made more work for you.
I am so happy to do the work in this realm - I dislike bigots and bullies and rarely is it so very clear that they are in the wrong and not in the power positions.

I want this forum to be welcoming and what ever else you all want it to be, regardless of how much work it is for me.

I figured it would be a nice welcome matt, as referenced earlier, and that it would get just a little action. But again, I am happy to do whatever is needed/wanted

A4edwin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not really unless you’re opposed to like-minded people forming groups to discuss things. You barge into AA meetings to tell them they’re being divisive and should come down to the bar? That’s about what this sounds like. ?
No i wouldn’t barge into an AA meeting because it’s an AA meeting but if you went there a found a group off to the side talking about cats in samurai suit it would raise an eyebrow. Good night everyone!

I don’t know why but Thales profile pic reminds me of

Attachments

• 07E44106-2046-42FB-887E-FCF4C5001BA3.jpeg
    07E44106-2046-42FB-887E-FCF4C5001BA3.jpeg
    520.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

35ppt

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m done giving your website more hits. Only bigots I see here are the ones putting people in a segregated area. To bad my gay reefing friends don’t see it like this. Sorry ladies and gentlemen if you want to talk about your love life just keep it in this corner. No one in other forums wants to see it. That’s what I take from this sub forum
Strawman. In no way is that an accurate description of what was done.

I thought us liberals were supposed to be the snowflakes.

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So then what’s the point? And I already said what the point was but they are denying it. What exactly is the point of having a segregated sub forum?
It is not segregated. That you can still post here is proof of that. There was never any segregation involved in the inception of this sub forum, you brought that yourself.
The point has been told to you directly a bunch of times, but you seem uninterested in listening. I'll try one more time - this forum exists to welcome a segment of the reefing population that all too often gets marginalized. Don't like it, don't read it. Really don't like it, talk to Josh. Really really don't like it, don't come to this site at all.

Everyone is already welcomed on MR so what is it? A dating forum? What exactly will there be in this sub forum that isn’t already here except for the name?
Not really. You have been anything but welcoming.
So if a gay reefer posts about some amazing new way to reef and I don’t go in that forum is everyone going to miss out on this great news way to reef?
That is exactly how sub forums work. If people don't read them, the info stays in them. If the info is applicable to a wider audience, someone will post about it in other sub forums. Info from the SPS forum stays there unless someone shares it out. No one is going to miss out on anything.

I don’t even think our gay reefers know why it was made other then the fact a post was removed on another site which has zero affiliation with this one.
It is really bad juju to talk about what you think other people think to try to support your point.

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i wouldn’t barge into an AA meeting because it’s an AA meeting but if you went there a found a group off to the side talking about cats in samurai suit it would raise an eyebrow. Good night everyone!
Yet you barged in here!

Matt_Wandell

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So then what’s the point? And I already said what the point was but they are denying it. What exactly is the point of having a segregated sub forum? Everyone is already welcomed on MR so what is it? A dating forum? What exactly will there be in this sub forum that isn’t already here except for the name? So if a gay reefer posts about some amazing new way to reef and I don’t go in that forum is everyone going to miss out on this great news way to reef? I don’t even think our gay reefers know why it was made other then the fact a post was removed on another site which has zero affiliation with this one.
Same thing that’s already been explained to you before. People often like to see that other people like them are hanging around and that they are welcome. I don’t see any issue with a subgroup of Black reefers or Women reefers since those groups are not primarily represented in the mostly white and mostly male hobby. I don’t think there will be any secret gay reefing going on here that’s hidden from you.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: