Pellegrino

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hello Everyone! I am new to Manhattan Reefs, and I just set up my 12 gallon tank in my office. As you can see it needs help any ideas how to bring it to life? I was looking through the posts and there was a lot of nice tank set ups. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 343

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Wow! 2 Tangs in a 12 gal tank :( and is that a vortech for flow lol Dude, you need to do some research about the animals you wanna keep. That tank is WAY to small for either of those gish. The tomini tang needs at least a 75 gal and thrle hippo should be in nothing smaller than a 6 foot long tank. The first thing you should do is find new homes for those poor lil fish. Then read and ask questions on here.
Smaller tanks are a pain to deal with. You have a lot more and quicker swings in such a small volume of water. If you are just starting out you might want to try a bigger tank. Good luck

Pellegrino

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I bought the tank from CadLight. It came with the skimmer the reactor, and the Led lighting. I added the Mp-10 vortech powerhead, and the blue Led strip for moonlighting . I am looking to do zoas, soft corals, lps, and eventually Sps. This tank has been running now for 2 months.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
First off don't bring the fish back to a local fish store, try to find them a home here, I think they will be better looked after from a member.
I think the mp 10 is big ,but if you keep the setting at a lower setting you shoup be fine.
I also think that if you do the maintanance your self you will enjoy the hobby.
If you need any help at all I am local, and can help you out.
If the tank is cycled and all your readings are 0, shoot me a pm and I can frag some easy coral for you to start.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: