FishyLovers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi all, I'm looking to buy my first doser. Right now with the few LPS I have I only really need to dose Alkalinity (calcium and magnesium don't change too much between water changes). But I'm also wanting to get into SPS so I guess I'd also eventually need to dose Ca and Mg.
I'm not sure if I should go with my budget options- the Kamoer x1 $60, the Jebeao Doser 2.4 ($80) or dp-4 ($60) which some people seem to love.
Or if I should go with one of the higher end options like the Ecotech Versa VX1, the neptune DOS, or Bubblemagus.

I don't have a controller so definitely ease of use is important and my tank is an all in one and my supplements are in a cabinet to the side so having a lot of head pressure ( >6') is important.

Any advice? Recommendations? Which should I go for?

Rating - 100%
278   0   0
my first doser was the Jeboa, worked great for a few years.
but once you get into the higher end corals and dont want to take a chance with equipment failure. id say go with the ecotech versa. mines runs flawless and so easy to program.

the bubble magus is pretty much a jeboa with a crazy price tag.
for $150 a pump the versa is the way to go if you have the money to spend.

Caseyoidae

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a jaboe for 4 years no problems except they’re not super accurate compared to others. They are consistent though which is all that really matters. switched to bubble magus because I found a brand new one for $100 and couldn’t pass. It’s not worth the $250 they ask for them as previously stated but it’s way better than jaboe as far as accuracy.programmings actually better on jaboe. Used to have a Neptune dos but that didn’t last very long. If I did it again I’d want wifi app. I’d probably go with the kamoer so you can keep adding as your needs grow. Never had one but want to try them.

Stickboy97

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Jebao DP.4, has been working great so far but does need to be recalibrated every so often. I've been running it couple of years. I have a 3.4 wifi I haven't set up yet, but I've heard they are pretty good too.

timberwolfny

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
kalk is the way to go before dosing 2 part helps keep ph up puts in cal and alk in equal parts and help precip phosphate. and kamoer has been good to me so far all high end doser are a waste of money had a ghl old school one and the screen burned out and the new deltec ones are a rebranded kamoer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: