meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55gallon reef. newish. i have 45lbs of sand and 62lbs of rock... no coral yet. 3 nass snails 2 turbo snails 3 blk snails(not sure wut they are there black and small) 3 herm crabs... 2 clowns 1 6 line wessel..wanted to know how many fish could i put in they tank

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What type of filtration, thats going to factor the amount of fish your system can handle. But with fish less is def. easier. So if you're happy with the amount of fish you have stick with it for a while till you have a better understanding of your system and its inhabitants.

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
it would better serve the question if you post your filtration system that you have. that way a more definitive answer could be given. also the sizes of the fish as well will help determine any and all stocking issues

yiliyang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Don't put ANY tangs in a 55 gal. A 1" hippo looks harmless and adorable, then 6 month later it is 5.5" long, eating and craping more than all my other fishes combined.

you can add 1 pigmy angel fish, a royal gramma and a couple of damsels. If you must add a tang, a yellow eye kole tang is about all you can do(no damsels then). Don't add any wrasses, the 6line will terrorize them to death.

You can add a couple more fishes only if you have a very good protein skimmer.

Good luck.

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have no experience with your filtration but Tom isn't known for quality. It's probably fine to add another small fish or two but be careful, add them slowly and keep an eye on your water parameters.

like I said before keep the fish population low and you'll have less work and headaches.

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol yea so ive heard, but its been great. or it smees to me to work great.. yeah i add those 3 fish and snails, and im gonna leave that for awhile i think

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Don't put ANY tangs in a 55 gal. A 1" hippo looks harmless and adorable, then 6 month later it is 5.5" long, eating and craping more than all my other fishes combined.

you can add 1 pigmy angel fish, a royal gramma and a couple of damsels. If you must add a tang, a yellow eye kole tang is about all you can do(no damsels then). Don't add any wrasses, the 6line will terrorize them to death.

You can add a couple more fishes only if you have a very good protein skimmer.

Good luck.

I believe Yellow and purple tangs are okay in a 55 as they have four feet of horizontal swimming room. I'd be careful with pygmy angels as there is always a chance they'll go after your coral (if you decide to add them). Damsels are pretty mean, and I'd stay away from them.

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah im not sure iim gonna get a goby sand swifter i think. ill get one or 2 more fish and id think that be it...how much should i have for cuc..this site is very helpful and nice, the last site i used they were rude.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Is this the tank that is ONLY 2 weeks old?

If it is, It Should Not Have Any Fish In It. A salt water tank does not cycle in just two weeks.

What are your parameters at this point?

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Is your tank really under a month old?
If it is take a step back and breath. You're going to need a lot of patience if you want this tank to work.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: