Cadiz.Jonathan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what's going on I had a frag of acro and I put it at the bottom of my tank it started browning. so I moved it about an inch up it started it started bleaching moved it about half inch down it turn completely brown I moved it up a like a quaternary inch and next day completely bleached. What happened?

finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
All acros brown out when they are moved to a new tank, and take a few weeks to months to color back up. It's just their nature. Moving them stress them out more and does more harm than good. Once you find a spot for them in the tank leave it. In weeks or months it will color back up.

mfarris2

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a frag about a year ago. Put it in the middle of the tank under 2 120watt LED's. It has grown to about 10" tall and branched out to about 6" in circumference. (Mutiple brances) While cleaning one day, I broke off a piece about 6" in length. I move and mounted that piece to the other side of the tank. Within a day it turned brown. But after about a month, the color had come back.
I think I agree with the post about them not liking to be moved. I have had LED's for a little over a year. ALL of my corals have had fantastic growth. Better than when I had halides. So, I am positive that the LED's are not the problem. (Just remember that LED's focus the light better than Halides. So you should bring up the power percentage on LED's gradually, over weeks.)

Cadiz.Jonathan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a frag about a year ago. Put it in the middle of the tank under 2 120watt LED's. It has grown to about 10" tall and branched out to about 6" in circumference. (Mutiple brances) While cleaning one day, I broke off a piece about 6" in length. I move and mounted that piece to the other side of the tank. Within a day it turned brown. But after about a month, the color had come back.
I think I agree with the post about them not liking to be moved. I have had LED's for a little over a year. ALL of my corals have had fantastic growth. Better than when I had halides. So, I am positive that the LED's are not the problem. (Just remember that LED's focus the light better than Halides. So you should bring up the power percentage on LED's gradually, over weeks.)

Ok well I'm glad it's not the LEDs for second I was considering selling the LEDs for MH or hids thought I wasn't putting out enough light because i was reading up and they said if its browning out then u don't got enough light and that's y I moved it up.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
no no bro dont worry i just realized that we had got our acros from the same guy, lol its not the guy either i know of other people that bought from him too and the stuff is growing really nice, some corals are not meant for the way we maintain our tanks, everybody has a coral for them, and for me its any softies , especially duncan's and zoas they do really good with my maintenance methods.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: