Magyk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hello

I have the red cyno and I was wondering if anyone had extra red slime remover that would help out.
I also redirected my powerheads but that hasn't helped much. I do us RO/DI water The bacteria came from a piece of LR that I recevied from a friend.

If anyone can spare some let me know

I'm in Valley Stream

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Other than what's good for the corals, I'm not a big fan of adding medication/chemicals to the tank. This is what worked for me:

- Use a turkey baster to forcefully squirt water on it. It will clear it off the rock or sand. Then when the cyano's floating around, either use the baster to suck it up or your fingers to remove it.

- Don't overfeed your fish. Break it down to smaller feedings. Cyano is a sign of excess nutrients.

- Make sure you have good circulation. I used two Power Sweep powerheads and adjusted them to cover the dead spots where the cyano was accumulating.

- An approx. 20% water change each week works for me. Don't skip your water changes.

[ November 05, 2003, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: mgchan ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: