Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I wanted to know what additive would best support my current systems needs? Currently right now I been using Prodibio Reef Booster and my new system has been doing so great that has me more interested in looking to add more additives to help promote more growth in my system. I always been interested in Korallen- Zucht products specially with the Zeo-vit system; and been thinking of maybe using some of there products to see what works better. I wanted to know if there is anybody currently using these products and what works for them?

I have done some research on these two products and only difference is that Korallen-Zucht have many different types of additives and the few I would be interested in ( Coral Vitalizer, Pohls Xtra, Coral snow, Zeo food, and Zeo Start) all require daily dosing. While Prodibio does not I am also unsure if these products can be used without employing the Zeo-Vit system with the reactor

Would like to hear other results with these two or any other products that seem to work well for them

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I don't run pellets or zeo rocks but was haveing brown Dino issue for months I tried every thing! Was considering trying bio pellets or zeo rocks but was given a zeovit product a powder that u dissolve in a cup for few hrs turn skimmer off when added to display it clears up organic sludge and supposedly pulls po4 from the sand bed cant think of name Ed will chime in and remind me ! But point of the story is within a week I only have a sm patch of dino left on sand bed and tank looks better then ever! I will be ordering this product IMO it really works!! I also added my first dose of Prodibo bio clean during this week and will continue to use it !

dnov99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I don't run pellets or zeo rocks but was haveing brown Dino issue for months I tried every thing! Was considering trying bio pellets or zeo rocks but was given a zeovit product a powder that u dissolve in a cup for few hrs turn skimmer off when added to display it clears up organic sludge and supposedly pulls po4 from the sand bed cant think of name Ed will chime in and remind me ! But point of the story is within a week I only have a sm patch of dino left on sand bed and tank looks better then ever! I will be ordering this product IMO it really works!! I also added my first dose of Prodibo bio clean during this week and will continue to use it !

Sounds like Zeozym, great for cyano issues too. I run the full Zeovit system and swear by it once you get it all dialed in.

dnov99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Yes that was it. What's ur opinion on it?

I think its a great product, but it really works best when you are using it with the full Zeovit system. I usually mix some Zeobac in with it and it allows the Zeobac to basically out-compete the other bacteria such as cyano and such.

It always makes my water crystal clear and sandbed very clean, it also aids in reduction of PO4.

dnov99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Do u have pics of ur tank?

Here is a video from about 4 months ago.
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-threads/96100-hd-vid-my-260-gal.html

And here are some pics of what SPS look like with Zeovit. LOL.
6007557356_1bb30a66fa_z.jpg

6007015287_6f26fd493a_z.jpg

6007014339_c15891e3f3_z.jpg

6007160567_6d6d7c76ea_z.jpg

dnov99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Very nice makes me wanna try zeovit but I'm gonna stick with prodibo for now just sooo easy the zeovit system is pretty $$$$ and involved but obviously works well for you

I agree with you, its not a cheap system to run, and if you dont run the system correctly it can really cause alot of problems and headaches.

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Mainly the reason why I am worried to start I actually have the stones and a reactor; I had the start up chemicals but cant seem to find them:banghead:

Would you suggest using any of the additives without using the full zeo system?

dnov99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Mainly the reason why I am worried to start I actually have the stones and a reactor; I had the start up chemicals but cant seem to find them:banghead:

I actually ran some of the Zeo additives for about 6 mos before adding the reactor and rocks. I was using the start, bac, sp power and AA's. I do recommend eventually setting up the reactor as it makes all the difference in the system. After setting it up, PO4 was greatly reduced and SPS growth and color improved greatly.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I'm using prodibio and ed gave me some zeozym to play with how often am I suppossedly to dose the zeozym

They say to dose daily for the first 7 days, especially in tanks that need a "tune-up". When you showed me a vid of you tank, it looked pretty (freaking) clean. IMO dose every other day over a 8 day timeline.

A weekly dosage is recommended thereafter. Remember to let the stuff dissolve in tank water, not fresh water. Shut off the skimmer for an hour or two, to allow the stuff the soak in the rocks and sand bed.

IME mixing with KZ Coral Snow kicks it up a notch or two, without the ill effects of O/D'ing.

Dnov's suggestion also works very well too. Nice pictures BTW!

Rating - 100%
31   0   0

Mind if I ask what your objective is? Reduction of nutrients, color management or growth?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: