Guily

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My planted aquarium need a warm lighting, reference someone's suggestion, finally, I got the hygger planted light to replace the blue light. It really fits my tank, isn't it?

plant18.jpg

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
NICE setup, I also have an orchidarium setup the 11 gallon size, with water on the bottom. it's a plaudarium, I believe that's the British term for it. You have shrimps in there? I wanted to add an arrow or tree frog, but they require 90% humidity and temps of less than 80F, so my orchidarium will simply hold shrimps and insect clean up crew.

Guily

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE setup, I also have an orchidarium setup the 11 gallon size, with water on the bottom. it's a plaudarium, I believe that's the British term for it. You have shrimps in there? I wanted to add an arrow or tree frog, but they require 90% humidity and temps of less than 80F, so my orchidarium will simply hold shrimps and insect clean up crew.
No, I don't have shrimps, I want to put baby cichlid first, but I don't know can cichlid fit it. I never meet an orchidarium setup, would you show pic of it?

Guily

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, this is a really cool setup. Makes me want to do a planted tank. Can you share more details about how you set this up?
In fact, I get the rocky from my friends, and some of the plants are lifeless, I don't want to trim off them but it seems I must to do that now.
First, I got the old tank and clean it up, again and again.
Then get the rocky with some plants on it from my friend, I spent lots of time to build it, you know, the substrate is hard to keep the rocky stable.
That's first step to do it. I'll update later.

Guily

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a sealed, temp and humidity controlled environment. Snails and cherry shrimps in the water, along with some common aquatic plants, mosses and orchids (too small to bloom for a few years).View attachment 313248
You keeps it nice, although I can't see the cherry shrimps, but can you tell me what is the 'white root strip' on the branches? Do you set cycle for the tank?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
You keeps it nice, although I can't see the cherry shrimps, but can you tell me what is the 'white root strip' on the branches? Do you set cycle for the tank?
on the left along the glass? those are orchid roots. if you're talking about the generic hairy air plant in the center, that's a Tillandsia. On the upper right, that's spanish moss.

Guily

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, thank you for your detailed reply. My first time meet a Tillandsia in the tank. You care for it well.

Guily

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, they are suppose to be the "easiest" plants to take care of. Air plants, but they need humidity, and may be easy down south, but up north, they are supper hard, without humidity. Heh, spanish moss is a weed down south.
I've plant the 'easiest' plants with soil cultivation months ago but failed, it's hard for me.

Guily

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add another planted light 36W for my tank, and the old light is 42W, it is still working,
but I like the auto on off light very much, they are the same type LED. I afraid that will it over kill with two lights? could I hang on the new light outside of my tank and put the old one inside towards the wall?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: