• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Dude, I wouldn't. You got your answer on what happens. Take your notes for the lab and drive on.

FWIW, in the first part of his lab notes, Eric stated:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
Avoid corals with conspicuously long tentacles like Goniopora, Euphyllia, Catalphyllia and Galaxea to avoid seriously damaging the other colony chosen, unless you are willing to do so.

I believe both frogspawn and the bubble fit into this category. I'm sure they had a sweeper war sometime at night when you weren't looking and the frogspawn got stung to the point that it couldn't recover. You ever gotten stung by a bubble? I'll just say that it doesn't feel all that good. I'm not suprised at all that you lost your frogspawn...I'm sorry to hear that it happened.
frown.gif

Shane

A

Anonymous

Yeah, bubbles have a potent sting, I got a nasty sting on a cut on my hand, ended up eventually going to the doctor.

Don't experiement with any other corals, like Shane said, you got your answer.

Janna

A

Anonymous

Thanks folks. OK, I won't try another coral. As far as the Bubble is concerned, we've got 2 of them and I have never been stung. I've read that they are aggressive. I just didn't think they were THAT aggressive that they could kill a coral SO FAST! Thanks again.

[This message has been edited by aragorn (edited 11 April 2001).]

A

Anonymous

Well, here I thought my 2 corals were ignoring each other and now my frogspawn is suddenly dead!!! I noticed a little recession in it last night when I fed, and a little bit more this morning. This evening all I see is skeleton. I'm bummed. The bubble is doing fine. I guess he won the competition. Should I try another?

------------------
Remember...Wherever you go...There you are

A

Anonymous

Aragon,
Ouch. A couple days ago they were ignoring each other and now pooof, the frogspawn is toast. The bubbles that I have are the most aggressive corals in my tanks.

In my lab test, my caulastrea frag is still doing fine touching the Sinularia flexibillis. Go figure ????

BUT, in my warfare log for the day is a tale of woe. Last night at lights out I put a new Rose Anemone into my tank. (A Rose I got from BillC 9 months ago split in another tank
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Well, by this morning it had moved about 5 inches, and was touching a beautiful orange Montipora digitata frag, with growing pink tips. I moved the Montipora, but it's in critical condition. Prognosis: tenuous
frown.gif

------------------
Dennis
The Marine Aquarium Society of Los Angeles County meets the 2nd Friday of Every Month.
More info at http://www.maslac.org. Upcoming events:
April 13 Meeting: Frag Swap. Speaker: Steve Tyree
May 11 Meeting: Eric Borneman speaking.
May 12 LFS and Reef Tank Tour and BBQ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: