• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

kkaz642

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
12 Gallon Nano DX

Ok So i bought a nano cube off a guy it worked fine for a while the other day the light went out so i bought new bulbs, i also got new leds one was out and a new fan one had a bad berring. ok so long story short it wasnt the bulb that was bad, upon further investigation the ballast was butchered! looks like he installed a new ballast but did a really bad job wiring. Improper butt connecters (made for a home). most of the wires had pulled out of the connectors and are laying exposed in the case, was scary that i didnt burn my house down.

So what i need is a Diagram of what wires go where if anyone can open your ballast box and take a picture of what goes to what or write it down as far as the color wires what color to what. Then i can properly rewire them.

Please let me know if you can help me out thanks in advance!!

Hope i can get this done quick dont want my coral/ fish to suffer

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
With the ballast wires facing you:
Right Group (Big Wire from Ballast):
Green ?Orange (goes to circuit board)
Black ? Black (end connector #1)
Pink ? Black (end connector #1)
Blue ? White (end connector #1)
White ? White (end connector #1)

Left Group:
Same thing but wires connect to end connector#2

Hope this helped.

kkaz642

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm looking for the wires inside the ballest itself where the wires run from the black box to the tank. This is a picture of what I'm tryna figure out I just can't see them very well in this picture:
a6898914-fd05-2064.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: