Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
Im starting a 55 gal up also but not reef just to keep inverts in there and possibly just like a yellow or blue tang. i started my 65 over also. should i use sand for my 65 gal? i seen some pics there purple stuff grown on the buttom so i dunno. tonga or fiji rock? which one is better?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Sand or BB is up to you - I would not recommend crushed coral substrate, though. As far as LR goes, I'd just pick stuff you like and looks good.

While a standard 55g tank might be okay for a very small yellow tang or hippo tang for a little while, be aware that they will eventually outgrow it.

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
One is nither better or worse. It just a matter of what you like to look at. Or what type of look your going for.

Also i would not put any tangs in the 55, its not worth it. You can try a dwarf angel and probably be happier.

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
it hasnt im going to start cycleing 2 tanks at the same time

the rock was cycled 3 months thats about it with the sand all i will do is put new water in it and cyle both tanks for 2-3 months

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Zuska, not trying to be hard on you. Jjust don't want you to get in trouble again, and end up giving up on the hobby.

How long was this tank cycled?

Forget it Awilda, there is no need to be nice anymore.

Zuska I am going to tell you straight up and pull no punches. You are not listening to any of the advice given to you in any of your threads. We have had many people like you think they know it all but ask ask ask in hopes that just one person will differ from the advice given to you so you can do what that one person said. So yes, you have a 55 and a 65 g tank, yes they are going to be cycling at the same time, and yes no matter how hard you try and how long you leave your tank fish less you can still have an outbreak of ich even though you quarantine.

Now for the No's
No you can't put a Naso Tang in either of these tanks they are too small. No you can't keep selling fish in the for sale forum from your 65g tank without advising people they came from a tank that had a disease that killed most of your fish. No you shouldn't sell fish from wholesalers here without being a registered vendor. And here is the big one, No more threads. Keep everything in one thread instead of in a billion threads started by you and by hijacking threads started by others.

It's time to realize that these little animals, these little tiny insignificant animals that can for the most part be flushed down the toilet when you kill them are living beings and need to be cared for properly. If you don't think you can care for these animals properly it's time to look into another hobby. Tamagachi are big I hear again. This is not a kids game, this is a life game, and you may be the kiss of death. Sorry to be so hard on you but you need to learn before you murder anymore living things.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
It's time to realize that these little animals, these little tiny insignificant animals that can for the most part be flushed down the toilet when you kill them are living beings and need to be cared for properly.

Hey now, They are no insignificant animals! Each has its own personality. And just because they conveniently fit inside the toilet drain doesn't mean you can flush them. I try to bury if any die and provide little gravestones. :biglaugh:

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If you don't know what BB stands for then it stands for BIG BOOK which is what you should get and read way before you start one tank (forget about 2). These are very basic questions you're asking and yet you don't listen to what anyone says.

GET A BOOK
READ SAID BOOK
START CYCLING ONE TANK AND ONLY ONE TANK
GET MORE BOOKS
READ SAID BOOKS
STOCK SLOWLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: