• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

wombat1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon, it's 1100 mL (a little more than 1/4 gallon) total volume. The microjet is in the mail, and I have a 13W desk lamp to hang over it already.

Attachments

• challenge.jpg
    challenge.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,340

shalegac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should try to seal the top to prevent evap and salt creep. Place some algae for O2 and add a shrimp. Looks like fun I might have to try mine soon. Unfortunatly money sux. Good luck.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Nice challenge indeed!

Hmmm, I think a tronic 6 inch heater would fit diagonally in there (LR chips glued to it to conceal it), if so this makes it very easy to run. if not, the only problem will be the temp balance but if your room is very stable you can tune it so it won't drop too much and fan it enough to counter heat from the lights. A number of approaches can be used to control the salinity- partial-sealing, full sealing (with b.refug.), no sealing in which you construct an awesome micro doser (I vote for that, a titration unit in your lab would drip very accurately and slowly!)...what have you chose for this pico reef? Nice container! Nice find on the pc desk lamp. If its a dual-pin bulb that just has a female bullet connector for a plug, you can switch it out with a combo actinic bulb from: www.petmeister.com ($8 ) or resolder it.

HTH

Nice tank for sure Wombat, can't wait to see whatever custom approach you use.

UnderGrad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt,
You're job rocks... if they ever have another part time position available, let me know! Which minijet are you planning on using? Good luck!

Arlan

wombat1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny that I get excited looking at a plastic container in the pet store... :roll: It's one of those "Kritter Keepers". The PH is a microjet that I got from premiumaquatics. It's the smallest model. I wasn't planning on using a heater at all. We don't have one in our big reef tank either.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: