• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

giantotter

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

as I'm new to the hobby, I was curious to see what your suggestions are as far as stocking/types of algae eating inverts. Some numbers I've read seem to be quite low, while others are on the higher end (eg. packs sold by Live Aquaria, FFE, etc) There seems to be a WWF-esque schism between Astrea (sp?) & Turbo Snails, as well as Blue-legged & Scarlet...

I'd ask my local LFSs these questions, but one is disgusting, and the other tells me strange things like not to change my water... heh.

Also, can a lawn mower blenny survive in a 55 gal? I want him to have enough to eat if I decide to get him.

Thanks much. :P

reefann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people recomend 1 hermit per gallon blue or red works I like a mix of both. I prefer turbo snails over astrae snails. They are larger and I have heard atrae snails may fall and not be able to right themselves. And becomes a quick hermit crab lunch. As for amount of snails per gallon it varies to amount of LR amount of open surface. If your LR will be packed with corals i would not recomend as much. If there is plenty of large grazing space 10-15 would do ok in a 50g
hope any of this helps
JJ
BTW a nudibranch never hurt or sea star

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: