Eric Borneman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone:

i just walked in the door from the airport and am uploading files after this post.

I gave a nice tlk on Saturday to over 100 people who treated me to a dinner at the country's oldest continuously running seafood restaraunt. I opted for the Blue Point oysters, cherrystones on the half shell and a bucket of steamers. A few hours later, I was retching in the hotel and stricken with a nice case of shelffish poisoning. Sunday morning, with fever and chills, I booted up my laptop at 10 am to find I did not have my webserver on my laptop since a previous system reinstall. No problem, I thought...So, I walked up to the business center of the hotel where there was internet access. Problem is, the "business center" was a small room with a visa card reader, a fax machine and a laser printer - unstaffed. OK, the sweat from my illness now couples with the sweat from my nervousness. I go down to the fornt desk and ask about internet access. They point me down the street to an internet cafe in Chinatown. I run back up to the room, grab my jacket and run out in sub 10 degree weather to find no internet cafe at all. I run back to the hote - it is now 5 past chat time. I re-ask at the front desk - and the person I spoke to is already gone, replaced by a girl who tells me the nearest internet cafe is about five blocks away - Too far to walk, and I have no car and no transportation. I crawl back in bed, upset, sick, and frustrated. If anyone wants or can make a make-up chat, let me know and I'll be there.

I'm uploading lectures and the quiz now, will be answering the board now, and will see all of you in chatwednesady if not before.

Bill2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always knew shellfish felt slided by your coral book :) I hope you are feeling better and I hope Mr. Murphy leaves this course alone

Mickey

Long Time Lurker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eric:

Very sorry your trip to Boston ended on such a sour note :-(.

I had hoped to come up to visit and hear the talk but unfortunately I had to work this weekend so I couldn't make it.

I'm just finishing the reading now so I'll be ready for Wednesday and already behind next week.

TTYL
Mickey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: