• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
NYreefNoob, as far as I know, Zeovit won't get fish crunked :)

C dosing is similar, but theoretically different methods. Both seem to rely on mantaining biofilms on a substrate. IIRC, vodka dosing feeds a relatively obscure strain of bac that helps breaks down NO3 and consumes PO4. Zeovit binds NH4 and PO4 directly into the zeolites.

A weakness of the Zeovit system is that the media needs to be churned daily (ideally, a few times a day). The media also becomes exhausted and needs to replaced at a set interval. I've gone up to 3 days w/o churning my reactor w/o consequences, but your mileage may vary here.

Many have reported easy success with C dosing, when done in proper doses. Don't mix w/ Red Bull or cranberry juice when administering.

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ed ur using zeo and prodibio ? doesnt that counter act ? since prodibio basically strips the tank then the last part after you go through the rest is to feed the tank, used it before and liked it but vodka does the same thing

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Yes and no, in theory.

I dose Prodibio Bio Digest once a month, which is not the recommended dosage of every 2 weeks. The main breakdown of unwanted nutrients is being done by Zeovit, as far as I know.

I use Bio Digest as a supplimentation to what's being done by Zeo. I've got an insane bioload, as witnessed by those who've seen my tank. With Zeo alone, my nitrates are 5-10ppm. Not too shabby, I suppose. When Bio Digest is introduced, while Zeo is doing it's thing, my nitrates drops down to <5ppm.

I'm guessing that the bac in Zeo Bac & Biogest are different. I prefer a wider variety of the good bac in my reef, and I'm also guessing that any excess is being consumed by my stonies and my lone Mutliflora (sp?) Linckia (thanks to Aquatic Express for the hookup).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: