FMgurl43

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was just wondering if anyone here goes and catches the stuff they put in their tanks? or do u buy them? i live in florida sooo there are beaches all around me and i am always colecting things and putting them in my tanks...i also do freshwater fish/invertebrates that i catch myself...and breed crayfish and have even bred my blue crayfish once..that were also caught in the wild... i am new to this site since the last fish site i went to was not very happy to hear that i catch these critters from the wild and then put them in my tanks...

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a matter of legality isn't it? ESPECIALLY the saltwater stuff and inverts around the reefs. Also, you have to consider the possibility of rogue diseases.

B

FMgurl43

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i make sure everything is legal b4 it goes w/ me....and they get put in a different tank....since i have a house full of fish tanks :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I harvested a bunch of live sand in the florida keys once.

I have heard a lot of people go to the keys and get their own snails and crabs and what-not.

Whereabouts in Fort Myers do you live? I live in Eagle Ridge, off Daniels Parkway.

Louey

FMgurl43

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fort myers shores...i havent been to the keys in forever but am planing on going here in the next few months.. i cant wait.. i just got back from fort walton beach but didnt find to many live things since Dennis had came though...

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<-- just got back from Mexico Beach myself on vacation.... watched SHARK WEEK on the discovery channel on the last day I was there hahaha... I bet I came close to bein' eaten'!

FMgurl43

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone in florida around the fort myers/naples/bonita/matlacha area know where to catch sea urchins? i used to see them eveywhere and now they are no where to be found....

WRASSER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i cought a couple in Jupitar,FL., in Westpalm bch (blue herion blvd. to be exact) and down in the Florida Keys :wink:

FMgurl43

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
k thanks i dont get to go that way very often but the next time i do ill be sure to check that out... as far as grass beds ive been looking but so far havent been able to find any anywhere... :cry: and wearing shoes.. heck yea if i cant see the bottem and its the grass flats w/ the nasty mucky stuff that feels nasty i am deffinatly waering shoes...lol :lol: i used to catch them in maroc island and right off the fishing peir there but havent seen any in 4ever...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: