rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a couple of monitpora frags. I know the one on the left is a green montipora capricornis but what is the species genius class of the one on the right?

Thanks in advance

Regards

RFC

DSC_7460ps.jpg
I

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
the one on the right is an encrusting form of montipora (atleast it appears that way in the picture). Montipora is a funny coral, it has the ability to greatly morph according to it's environment. I've seen digitata with growth like that of a capricornis and encrusting that sprouts branches etc. Montipora is one of the hardiest corals able to survive in low light and flow etc but some of them need very intense light to maintain their colors and varying degrees of flow, both of which effects it's growth. The only sure fire way to ID a coral 100% is to either bleach a portion of the skeleton and compare to a book or other archive of some sort, or know it's pedigree before hand.

rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thxs everyone for the quick replys. Hopefully someday I wont be a total noob :)

Regards

RFC

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I used to be down with RFC when I did graffiti in the city. Does it have a meaning for you?

The monti on the right is nice.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: