A

Anonymous

Pretty much covered it all in the title :)

I'm currently using an un-named 10K 150w DE halide (came with the fixture, a Current USA Outer Orbit model) along with 2 65w blue PCs and 4 LED moonlights. The halide bulb I have isn't bad, but I wouldn't mind a bit more blue and the $60 price tag on the 14k Phoenix is pretty attractive.

A

Anonymous

I'm also curious if anyone uses the 250 watt 14k phoenixs.
Currently I run 2 x 20k XMs with no actinic supplement, but am interested in something with more par (without looking too white... I do like a bluish tank)

A

Anonymous

I use the 250W 14K Phoenix HQI. I like the color allot. Crisp Ice blue with a slight blue tint.

I also run 2 95W VHO Actinics but they reall aren't needed except for sunrise/sunset look.

A

Anonymous

I think I am gonna give the Phoenix 14ks a shot.
I love the look of the 20k XMs, but I think I need a little more intensity.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NKT/Nico is now using the Phoenix 14K and he says he likes it. Blue and bright .... not much to argue about :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's what I use. I love the color. I don't have actinics so the bulb is just right.

Check your PM.

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the 250 DE phoenix 14k. I love them. Corals love them. I don't have any actintics either so it is the perfect bulb for me. Nice coloration and good PAR. 4 months in and loving them.

cindre2000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to take cjdevito's thread or anything, but:

What is a good 150 DE bulb with a white color, maybe a tiny bit of little yellow. I have some actinic supplimentation that pushes the color a titch bluer; however, my first bulb was too yellow, and my second is too blue b/c of the supplimentation (they where both a cheap unnamed brand that goes with my cheap metal halide fixture).

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used both 150W and 250W before. Great bulb! IMO, one of the better standalone bulbs out there. They do degrade like 20K bulbs, though, so I'd change them every 6 months. Still, at the price they are, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cindre2000":28z4wgv5 said:
Not to take cjdevito's thread or anything, but:

What is a good 150 DE bulb with a white color, maybe a tiny bit of little yellow. I have some actinic supplimentation that pushes the color a titch bluer; however, my first bulb was too yellow, and my second is too blue b/c of the supplimentation (they where both a cheap unnamed brand that goes with my cheap metal halide fixture).

You'll be happy with the XM 10K, Ushio 10K, or AB 10K. In order, I believe the level of CRI runs highest to lowest.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the Phoenix DE 250s. I loved the color, but my corals hated them. Could have been my fault though as there were lots of things shifting in my system at the time.

EmilyB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the 250's as well, loved the color, after about 8 months no intensity whatever, everything went brown.

stilmas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using the 250w de's. The color is great but I did notice that they are not as intense as the Hamilton 14k's I had. I believe the intensity goes quick like the other poster stated just by how much weaker they seemed. All in all everything is looking good now about 4 weeks into using them. all of my lower light loving corals are happier.

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the 250's also. they are the best bulb i have used... my tank loves them..... my clams are out and growing like mad. all of my corals have good growth

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put the 250 watt phoenix 14ks on my tank last night.
Very bright! I am very happy with the color, its a nice crisp white with a hint of blue.
Now I just need to be careful with my photoperiod for the next few days so that I don't burn my corals.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: