chemisfun11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I don't own one myself, but I have seen how bright they are. I 3D print light spill shades for the community and right now I have a whole lot of orders to fill specifically for the Neptune Sky. I make light spill shades for the Radion lights as well, but lately it has been all Neptune Sky. There are a few threads over on reef2reef about these lights in particular, but some people feel like they are too expensive or too new to judge. To each his own in this hobby. It's expensive and fun and people like their expensive toys (including myself). I've seen coral grown under all different lights. I think some like the latest and greatest technology along with the seemless nature of the Apex/Neptune products.

Just my $.02

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
I don't own one myself, but I have seen how bright they are. I 3D print light spill shades for the community and right now I have a whole lot of orders to fill specifically for the Neptune Sky. I make light spill shades for the Radion lights as well, but lately it has been all Neptune Sky. There are a few threads over on reef2reef about these lights in particular, but some people feel like they are too expensive or too new to judge. To each his own in this hobby. It's expensive and fun and people like their expensive toys (including myself). I've seen coral grown under all different lights. I think some like the latest and greatest technology along with the seemless nature of the Apex/Neptune products.

Just my $.02
Thanks for the info. I've been using radions but bought a couple of the Sky fixtures when I got the opportunity for an upgrade. I wanted some real world reviews from MR before I take them out of the packaging, could still return to BRS.

mcwl

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 over a 6 foot 180. They are about 1 foot off each end, with a kessil AP9X in the middle. Its been about 4 months now. Excellent lights. If I didn't have the AP9X, I might would miss the shimmer. I would buy again.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: