• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

keethrax

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Guy1":1zp995zt said:
Hey I am looking for a good Aquatic plant forum. Anyone know of any good ones to go too.

Thanks,
Darrell :)

Thewww.aquariacentral.com forums have a decent plants section, it's the best one I was able to find anyhow. I'd be more than happy to hear other suggestions.

I would also do a lot of digging around www.thekrib.com (though not a forum)

Here's my new planted tank.

tank_small.jpg

The picture's not hte best since it had just been planted, and hadn't settled yet, and the front glass was a mess from all the work. I need to get some new pics soon.

It's currently got a cory cat (julii perhaps) an otocinculus of some sort, a clown loach (for snail control) and a dozen very small neon tetras.

Reef Guy11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks, I will check it out. How many gals is your planted tank? My is 80 gals, w/ overflow. The Lighting on mine is a JBJ Formosa It is a 65 watt light but the Bulbs I got from Hello Light were 55 watts. I have 2 1/2 watt per gal on my tank. I will tank picture today and post them tomorrow when I get a chance. Also If anyone else Has a site let me know thanks. :)

Thanks,
Darrell

keethrax

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Guy1":3fuc6em2 said:
Hey thanks, I will check it out. How many gals is your planted tank? My is 80 gals, w/ overflow. The Lighting on mine is a JBJ Formosa It is a 65 watt light but the Bulbs I got from Hello Light were 55 watts. I have 2 1/2 watt per gal on my tank. I will tank picture today and post them tomorrow when I get a chance. Also If anyone else Has a site let me know thanks. :)

Thanks,
Darrell

It's a 20XH, so the dimensions make it akward at best to work with with height being the biggest dimension.

It's 20x10x24 high.

Not very practical for planting, but it' certainly is nifty visually.

The dimensions have made it quite difficult to actually plant, and getting enough light downto the bottom's beena challenge too. I'm currently running 2 36W PC lights over the top and contemplating a third.

I'm also running a yeast based CO2 system, and it has made a world of difference in my tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: