Panzz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ppl,
my clam is being bitten by my koran who is indeed very curious... it gave my clam a bite that pull out a bit of its mantle, so I would like to ask that anyone knows if this would affect the clam badly???

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it will. Unless the clam are protected from further attacks, it may never heal. You need to decide which one to keep, the Angel or the clam.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. Angels that have a taste for clam are not going to stop. The clam will slowly start "claming up". This will lead to it's death as it needs to be fully opened up in order to utilize the lighting for photosynthesis.

I had a flame angel that starting biting my clams. It took me three weeks to catch. I put plastic baskets over the clam to protect them in the meantime.

Good luck.

Louey

Panzz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks but you sure that it would not heal itself??? I am trying to catch my koran but is really a difficult thing to do snice it can swim away from the net really fast, but it is like it is always hungry, anyway anyone got more information about this pls tell me soon thanks. :D

jtanis

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of information do you want? Whether it will heal or how to catch a fish? It seems like your looking for someone to tell you that everything is going to be ok, but its not. Clams can heal themselves given time if they are not injured too badly. If a fish has taken a liking to clam and you don't remove it or protect it somehow, it will die as it will not have anywhere near enough time to heal. I have a juvenile T. Maxima that got nibbled, not by a predator but by a fish who saw it as encroaching on its territory. After moving it the nibbling stopped. Its been a month since then at least and its only grown back about 90% of a very small amount of damage. In your situation it sounds like either the fish or the clam has to go and in its current injured state, moving the clam might seriously reduce its chances of surviving.

Panzz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jtanis":2cvsupku said:
What kind of information do you want? Whether it will heal or how to catch a fish? It seems like your looking for someone to tell you that everything is going to be ok, but its not. Clams can heal themselves given time if they are not injured too badly. If a fish has taken a liking to clam and you don't remove it or protect it somehow, it will die as it will not have anywhere near enough time to heal. I have a juvenile T. Maxima that got nibbled, not by a predator but by a fish who saw it as encroaching on its territory. After moving it the nibbling stopped. Its been a month since then at least and its only grown back about 90% of a very small amount of damage. In your situation it sounds like either the fish or the clam has to go and in its current injured state, moving the clam might seriously reduce its chances of surviving.
What kind of information do I want? simple something that can help me and after reading my own posts, I don't in any way see that I would like others to say"O don't worry it is going to be ok" cos I thought it was my mistake to lead to your misunderstanding. but no none of wat I said makes it this way and in fact it is simply just a question of wat could I do to better improve the situation and hopefully a win-win situation for both my fish and clam.
and if you have the eyes to read my post pls put your eyes on the date of the post and everything is already fine by now.
and by the way you said I want ppl to say that things are going to be fine for clam? but let me say that you are trying to let others say that Yea! you are right and that right on wat you say. watever it is I don't care. you want to prove watever pls do it elsewhere as long as it is not in my post.
Thx.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: